Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power failure? Car won’t go into drive, it seems power related

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car had a series of error messages today and is no longer driveable. Has anyone else experienced this?

92E3230E-189D-4A9C-A55F-45A5DF646889.jpeg

32C433F9-AA70-43FF-BE9A-60A31E40B9DB.jpeg

BA337174-03D0-44FA-9E82-729668F1BA51.jpeg

It appears you have a major failure. Time to contact service for sure.

Howdy! Hmm. Similar but different than mine. I was unable to charge the car but able to drive the car. It's probably a high voltage (HV ) battery issue.

For me they took their sweet time so I recommend getting in today or tomorrow. If they say no or you can't contact them call roadside assistance.

Hey everyone, first off I love this community. I’m a relatively new owner of my M3P (6 months) and have enjoyed how supportive everyone is despite most of us being strangers. Thank you for the responses @Sophias_dad @theocguy @everydaychris

Here’s the series of events of my dilemma:

I’ve had the message of “Press brake pedal for 30 seconds to drive” appear for about a month upon start up. I have noticed the car being a tad slower to boot up, since I bought it, but it’s intermittent. The screen would sometimes take 10 seconds to load upon entry.

Yesterday, while driving it normally I received the message of “Power Reduced - OK to drive, Front motor temporarily disabled”. Then, after parking it, the car just would not go into Drive. I got roadside service pretty instantly so that was nice, and the car’s in the service center now.

I do have a headlight led mod connected to the 12V battery, but I think that’s entirely separate. Even the Tesla service center l technician took a look and while frowned upon the led attachment, they said the diagnostics wasn’t showing the issue was because of the 12V.

I suspect it’s the HV battery as well. If anyone hears of other similar error messages- please let me know!

Hey everyone, first off I love this community. I’m a relatively new owner of my M3P (6 months) and have enjoyed how supportive everyone is despite most of us being strangers. Thank you for the responses @Sophias_dad @theocguy @everydaychris

Here’s the series of events of my dilemma:

I’ve had the message of “Press brake pedal for 30 seconds to drive” appear for about a month upon start up. I have noticed the car being a tad slower to boot up, since I bought it, but it’s intermittent. The screen would sometimes take 10 seconds to load upon entry.

Yesterday, while driving it normally I received the message of “Power Reduced - OK to drive, Front motor temporarily disabled”. Then, after parking it, the car just would not go into Drive. I got roadside service pretty instantly so that was nice, and the car’s in the service center now.

I do have a headlight led mod connected to the 12V battery, but I think that’s entirely separate. Even the Tesla service center l technician took a look and while frowned upon the led attachment, they said the diagnostics wasn’t showing the issue was because of the 12V.

I suspect it’s the HV battery as well. If anyone hears of other similar error messages- please let me know!
Did you bring your car to service center to check it out?

Got the car back! It's a reconditioned battery so we'll see how range is but all together since getting the parts it took 3 days. But my car was unable to charge for 12 days before
Thanks for the update. Ouch - reconditioned battery :( did they said what is the condition of this "reconditioned" battery? like the battery capacity is x% from the brand new one?