Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With CGS+ don't you sell back to HECO just at a much lower amount?
Sorry, I meant I'm on NEM+, which is non-export. My friend (who had his system on from day 1) is on CGS+, which you are correct is export capable.

What I was a little peeved about was that my original NEM application was approved for up to a 10 kW system, but I could only do 5.25 kW initially, but was told (at that time) that I could go back later and add more up to the initial approved limit. Now HECO won't honor the original agreement amount so I can't add more to the original system, but at least I can max out the NEM system production since my new system will feed 100% of my house demand. Thus I have no problem with turning on the system even though I was told I had to wait...

Don't you love how HECO has two programs that both have + at the end?

Last edited:
Ok, I guess I'll be a good boy and turn my system off tomorrow, although I don't see why. The additional panels & PW are under CGS+ and don't export to the grid, so why should it matter if I turn it on right away? Plus, my friend had a PV+PW system installed by another PV contractor and they left his on after the install was done, so why is mine any different?
How do I turn the system on?
With the upcoming hurricane I want to make sure my power wall is charged

Basically, just turn all the breakers/switch levers on the boxes that they installed to on. I would go in reverse order if you happen to know which one is the main disconnect that feeds the individual breakers. Turn on the little switches that are on the side of the powerwall last. This is assuming your HECO meter was already installed and you're not doing a 2nd meter or anything else unusual.

Aloha, everyone! I'm excited to get my 8.16kW + 2 PW system installed in October. I originally ordered in June, just before they introduced the higher efficiency/reduced price options. Tesla was great in changing my order over to the newer/cheaper system. It probably delayed the process by a couple weeks, but I'll be better off long-term. I'm hoping there's a cancellation between now and my install date because I'm already making loan payments to the credit union!

I'm hoping there's a cancellation between now and my install date because I'm already making loan payments to the credit union!

I initially had a late Sept install, and called the scheduling line and let them know I was flexible and available on short notice, so if they had any openings pop up let me know. They called me back later that day and had an opening for the next day. Unfortunately 12 hours notice was cutting it a little too close, but they then called me back a few days later with a date the following week. Ended up going with that and was installed last Wednesday. Long story short if you let them know you’re willing to be available on short notice and are open to a sooner date, they will more than likely be able to accommodate. I have the scheduling dept number if you need it. Congrats on getting this far.

Did anyone else's PW go on storm watch on Sunday morning? The app said it was due to "fire." I don't think there was any brush fires near me, and none that I recall except for the Kunia one that was several days ago.

Kind of want to turn it off in the settings, but I'll leave it on unless the storm watch doesn't go away by later today.

How long after the install does Tesla submit the ppst installation package to HECO? HECO said once Tesla submits that they will come out and install the 2nd meter.

They are supposed to submit the e packet after DPP inspection passes. I’d call them(Tesla) and see what’s up. I’ve stayed on them every step of the way and it seems to help keep things moving. Otherwise people drop the ball and can drag on for weeks/months. The HECO portal also shows status, progress, and activity.

• Informative
Reactions: InParadise
A few days after my house passed the inspections Tesla sent me a message saying they submitted the packet. A few weeks ago I called HECO to find out what the hold up was and it turns out Tesla never submitted the packet.

After calling Tesla and complaining a new Tesla rep texted me and said it the packet would be submitted soon. That was 2 weeks ago and the packet still haven't been submitted to HECO.

Tesla makes great products but damn they need better customer service.