Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 "waiting list"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone receive SGIP rebate yet? My Powerall was installed in July. After nearly 6 months no rebate and no TOU functionality. Why is Tesla selling the product that does not work as advertised? Time shifting is #1 use case for the Powerwall -- without it it is not economically viable, even with the rebates.
I am not sure if you know or not, there is a Real-Time report put out by the SGIP. It tells the status of everyone with an SGIP application. It doesn't list by name but by application number. Try getting your application number from the sales rep for your project. Then not only can you track your application, but you can see what is going on with other's also. SGIP | Resources Then look down under paragraph 9. Reports. In the report, search for your utility and the year 2017. You can see if anyone has a status that indicates they received payment. I think for 2017, step 1 and step 2 no one has been paid according to the report.
There are many different reasons why people value the powerwall. Definitely Tesla understands their customers want Time Shifting. They voluntarily told me it would be offered first quarter next year and I didn't even ask about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Kant.Ing
Interesting. It appears that no one from 2017 was paid. In 2016 they paid to less than 1% of applicants -- most of the projects we canceled. Is this program ever real or the amount of bureaucracy one has to go through makes it almost impossible to interconnect and receive payment?

Tesla communicated many dates -- end of Summer, End of the Year, Q1 2018. Hope they will hit one of them soon. I am a big fan of Tesla and innovation they bring, but it is time to deliver the product as advertised.

I know that the SGIP rebate is the State Gov issue -- the amount of paperwork and speed with which it proceeds is astonishing. I have not seen anything like it since I left Communist country 30 years ago.

Reactions: Bigtanuki
Interesting. It appears that no one from 2017 was paid. In 2016 they paid to less than 1% of applicants -- most of the projects we canceled. Is this program ever real or the amount of bureaucracy one has to go through makes it almost impossible to interconnect and receive payment?

If you're looking at the budget reports, I don't think it means what you think it does. As far as I can tell, it's a report of how much they've paid of the 2016 budget, not how much they paid out in 2016. Looking at past years, it seems like 2015 is mostly paid, which implies to me that it might take 1-2 years to be paid. In other words, the 2017 projects will likely be paid sometime in late 2018 to 2019.

Although I am not sure, I believe there was a massive overhaul of the SGIP rebate process in 2016. There were some major failures and frauds...I only have hearsay information..I didn't research myself. Also, I believe this was the time Tesla was introducing it's new Powerwall 2 replacing the less efficient more expensive Powerwall 1. All of this combined may have resulted in all the cancellations and why Step 1 filled up so fast (with people who originally applied in 2016). This i as why I suggested only looking at what was going on in the report starting with the 2017 year. Personally, I suspect this is why the rebate process is so slow. It's a work in process. Applications were excepted in June but they just now, in the last month in a half or so, seem to be getting rebate applications moving and processed. I totally get being suspicious of big corporations and distrust of goverment but in this case, I really think that the hold up is due to a large learning curve of the new SGIP system as well as the overwhelming and perhaps unexpected demand for SGIP rebate with the introduction of the new Powerwall 2. Just incase you are not familiar, here is a link to the Tesla forum dedicated specifically for those interested in the SGIP/incentive topic: Powerwall 2: SGIP/Incentives. Interesting to see the progress and the date of the first conversation to the last.

Tesla communicated many dates -- end of Summer, End of the Year, Q1 2018. Hope they will hit one of them soon. I am a big fan of Tesla and innovation they bring, but it is time to deliver the product as advertised.

I know that the SGIP rebate is the State Gov issue -- the amount of paperwork and speed with which it proceeds is astonishing. I have not seen anything like it since I left Communist country 30 years ago.
Oh wow, yeah no nothing no comparison to Communism. I get where you are coming from now. Don't let your experience with that 30 years ago taint your perception of this situation. Tesla is not perfect. But they are dealing with basic Economy 101, supply and demand, in a free market society. they are dealing with high demand with limited supplies. So they are having trouble getting their products and updates out there to meet the demand. 30 years ago you were looking at a situation of high demand and no supplies right? The goverment created massive amounts of paperwork and red-tape to hide the fact that they just didn't have what the people wanted. I don't think that is what is going on with Tesla and the SGIP program...hopefully:eek:

Did anyone have Tesla ask for a new contract to be signed after having executed one already?

I signed my contract 5/1/2017.
Tesla started installing a new panel 10/30/2017. They failed to complete primarily because PG&E was a no show
We scheduled a follow up date in late November but when I called to make sure they remembered to make sure PG&E was going to be there I'm suddenly told I need to sign a contract. There was a feeble excuse about a design change but I looked at that design I had back May and what they were having me sign again the design was the same. In fact the only difference of substance was an increase for $1,000 for the panel upgrade. When I read them the riot act that I had a valid contract, they sent me a new contract with the same price. Now they're refusing to schedule the rest of the work absent the a newly signed contract. I'm feeling pretty resigned to just signing it since I can't find any substantial difference. I'm slightly afraid the they're going to use the new date as an excuse to further delay work but they're already using the lack of a new contract as an excuse to delay work.

arnold

I would cross out the price and put the price from the original contract in its place and send it back. Worst case, you're back where you started. Of course, if it's a Docusign, you can't change anything, so my suggestion isn't that helpful.

I'm still waiting for a final contract from Swell Energy, so I have yet to enjoy these tribulations.

I would cross out the price and put the price from the original contract in its place and send it back. Worst case, you're back where you started. Of course, if it's a Docusign, you can't change anything, so my suggestion isn't that helpful.

I'm still waiting for a final contract from Swell Energy, so I have yet to enjoy these tribulations.

They sent me a version with the correct price. I find it odd that they're basically having me sign a contract that is the same as the original.

arnold

Did anyone have Tesla ask for a new contract to be signed after having executed one already?

I signed my contract 5/1/2017.
Tesla started installing a new panel 10/30/2017. They failed to complete primarily because PG&E was a no show
We scheduled a follow up date in late November but when I called to make sure they remembered to make sure PG&E was going to be there I'm suddenly told I need to sign a contract. There was a feeble excuse about a design change but I looked at that design I had back May and what they were having me sign again the design was the same. In fact the only difference of substance was an increase for $1,000 for the panel upgrade. When I read them the riot act that I had a valid contract, they sent me a new contract with the same price. Now they're refusing to schedule the rest of the work absent the a newly signed contract. I'm feeling pretty resigned to just signing it since I can't find any substantial difference. I'm slightly afraid the they're going to use the new date as an excuse to further delay work but they're already using the lack of a new contract as an excuse to delay work.

arnold
Wow, sounds fishy....

It's odd, but seemingly inconsequential for you if they are not asking for more money. Are you sure there's no difference in the fine print?

The only real difference I have been able to find is that new contract allows you opt out of the arbitration clause. A couple of paragraphs were separated with clearer headings but no real difference. So are they being nice to me? If so that doesn't jive with the explanations that I've been given. The claims about the design changing sound bogus for the additional reason that the contract makes no reference any design document.

I've basically accepted that the back office people at Tesla/SolarCity are probably incompetent (for those that missed they previously failed to submit my SGIP application). I'm counting on the fact that once I have the system installed i won't be depending on them.

arnold

Reactions: Kren
Talk to an "energy advisor" at the LA AutoShow today -- at Tesla's “House of the Future” exhibit. Their "worst" estimate for a PowerWall contract for installation is about March, 2018, for a deposit order in late October.

Explains why I still haven't heard anything from them.

Talk to an "energy advisor" at the LA AutoShow today -- at Tesla's “House of the Future” exhibit. Their "worst" estimate for a PowerWall contract for installation is about March, 2018, for a deposit order in late October.

Explains why I still haven't heard anything from them.
I wonder if it has a lot to do with where you live. My contract was signed Aug. 30th. Beginning of October, Tesla emailed telling me they were ready to install. Middle of October Tesla called wanting to install. I told them not until I receive SGIP confirmation. I called them Nov. 1st when I received SGIP confirmation. They gave me a bunch of possible installation dates in December to choose from. I had the idea that in my area, they are trying to find folks who want to install now.

I know this is the "installation" forum, but I wanted to post this here to catch some folks that might have some questions.
To ensure a robust agenda with relevant topics, the SGIP Administrators would like to hear from stakeholders on potential discussion topics in addition to the items listed below. Please contact one of the Program Administrators listed below with your requests. "While we can’t speak on behalf of Tesla, we are happy to clarify any aspects of the program that may be unclear."
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
[email protected]
(877) 743-4112

Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE)
[email protected]
(858) 244-1177

SoCalGas
[email protected]

Southern California Edison
[email protected]
(626) 302-0610

They can't answer specific questions

Last edited:
I signed a contract with green mountain power to have a power wall installed at my house up there. Last month they said they would complete the installation before the end of the year. I spoke with them again last week and they said to expect installation by March. Apparently a lot of their effort is going towards Puerto Rico now.

I signed a contract with green mountain power to have a power wall installed at my house up there. Last month they said they would complete the installation before the end of the year. I spoke with them again last week and they said to expect installation by March. Apparently a lot of their effort is going towards Puerto Rico now.

I think that Tesla is getting focused back here now. They are starting to install those people Tesla postponed to help PR. My original install date was 10/18-19 which was rescheduled to 12/18-19. I received a call from Tesla last week confirming my new install date is on schedule. So, a week from Monday I should have my Powerwalls :)

Reactions: Kren
Exactly. Just got my PW2 installed last week and the Tesla/Solarcity crew was from NJ. They said CA has more installations than other states. It also seems they're prioritizing CA, after the then Puerto Rico orders.
I would imagine that we (Californians) are giving Tesla a lot of business with our state's incentive program which can in some instances cover the cost of battery and installation. Do you mind telling how much your powerwall costs where???