Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerWall and "The Missing Piece..." Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving this.

$350/kWh for the light duty backup power model and ~$430/kWh for the high duty deep cycler, which is much more akin to the requirements of the utility packs. Anything in the $500/kWh price range for utility applications is a game changer and will instantly make Tesla the dominant player in the industry (which is frankly what we expected years ago when discussing this).

Pardon my slowness, but how would this work for someone like me? I do not have solar panels on my home. How would this benefit me?

You're application would be charging up from the grid and if there were a power outage, having backup power. Also if you had access to a variable rate plan, you could charge your Tesla Powerwall at a time when your utility rates are lowest and then use the battery to minimize your load during peak power prices.

Loving this.

$350/kWh for the light duty backup power model and ~$430/kWh for the high duty deep cycler, which is much more akin to the requirements of the utility packs. Anything in the $500/kWh price range for utility applications is a game changer and will instantly make Tesla the dominant player in the industry (which is frankly what we expected years ago when discussing this).

What is going on with the distinction between the 7kWh "Daily cycle" and 10kWh "backup applications"?