Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerWall and "The Missing Piece..." Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, would love an invite, considering I literally moved to USA (from Australia) for a model s, I've had 3 Model Ses (2xP85s and a P85D), a Model X reservation and holding over 2000 stock in TSLA.

Alas, didn't get an invite to the D event

Formal invites will be sent next week - however, I'm told there will be a live stream of the event.

I hope they do a better job of linking to a stream before hand. In the past I've had to wait hours and slog through hundreds of posts to find it.

Also there is the little thing of the DNS hack today, hope they have some redundancy on the streaming so if one service is attacked another can still be showing it.

I got an email invite titled "The Missing Piece" for the Hawthorne design studio April 30 at 8:00 p.m. I have been to several events at the design studio before--I am a reliable crowd filler. I sent my RSVP and got a confirmation.

Tesla: "The Missing Piece..." Event

Hey everyone, i just received my invite for the Tesla event this Thursday, i also attended the Tesla D event. Anyone else get invites yet? Who's going so far?

Attachments

• 10420422_10153788364986978_4078870585722444643_n.jpg
    10420422_10153788364986978_4078870585722444643_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,973
fyi I am starting the design process on building a new house...and I am very much interested in going net zero if possible. i'm very interested in solar and home storage if the price is right...also my house will be located on the top of a very windy hill so I've been considering wind turbines too. can't wait to hear the details of this...

- - - Updated - - -

also, according to this the home batteries will be available under a lease too:
Tesla's $13,000 battery could keep your home online in a blackout | Technology | The Guardian

• Tesla Motors, the battery/electric car company owned by Elon Musk, will unveil a home battery this week that will cost around $13,000 and have the capability to keep a home's electricity running for hours during a blackout, the Guardian reports.
  • Customers will be able to lease the home battery packs, which are to be paired with SolarCity rooftop solar systems, for an initial $1500 payment, followed by $15 monthly payments for 10 years. About 300 SolarCity customers in California are currently part of a pilot program combining the battery packs and solar systems.
  • Tesla is also expected to unveil a larger, grid-scale battery for utility use on Thursday, along with the official announcement of the home battery pack.

Customers To Lease 10 kWh Tesla Home Battery For $1500 Down Plus $15 Per Month
Tesla's new home battery will have a lease option: report | Utility Dive

I recommend you put up an anemometer before you put up a wind generator; I built on a hill which seemed windy but a year's worth of site data collected during the planning stages convinced me otherwise.

yea as I'm starting my research on the topic I did read that same piece of advise. I'll definitely pull data first before purchasing any wind turbines. I know my builder said as he was building the house adjacency to mine a few months ago and his builders had a hard time trying not to get blown off the roof as they were building it haha. he said its the most wind they've ever encountered while building houses.