Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Stealth Wrap - Good or Bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I just got my Model 3 PPF Stealth wrapped. They had 4 full working days with the car to wrap it and tint the windows. I just got the car back and I feel that they did not do a great job. They mentioned they had to rush because they were running behind and only had 2 days to work on the car. Upon picking up the car, they said to bring it back in 2 weeks to fix the panels and issues happening with the wrap.

Would love to get your thoughts on the overall job and if bringing it back for touch-ups is going to make a difference. Also any advice on how to move forward with the installers, because I feel that this is not worth the money I spent.

Photo Batch #1

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 259
Photo batch #2

Attachments

• IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2828.jpg
    IMG_2828.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 260
Photo batch #2
Please do not share who did this as no one deserves to be slagged. I have to agree that this is arguably one of the "not-so-goodest" jobs I've seen. I would have them redo the whole thing. I had mine done in Newmarket, although it is a 50 minute drive for me. They had done all my other cars and never failed me. Just my 2¢

Please do not share who did this as no one deserves to be slagged. I have to agree that this is arguably one of the "not-so-goodest" jobs I've seen. I would have them redo the whole thing. I had mine done in Newmarket, although it is a 50 minute drive for me. They had done all my other cars and never failed me. Just my 2¢
For sure! I agree, that's why I did not post the shop's name. I messaged them to redo it completely.
In the sense they say no to redoing the whole car, what would you all recommend? Cause spending this much for a horrible job makes me sad. lol

For sure! I agree, that's why I did not post the shop's name. I messaged them to redo it completely.
In the sense they say no to redoing the whole car, what would you all recommend? Cause spending this much for a horrible job makes me sad. lol
I would remind them that social media (read: Yelp, etc.) could be brutal for their business. I would also ask them point blank, if they felt that this was good work.

Terrible job. I PPF my car on my own, and I don't own a shop. Just did my Model Y last weekend. about 16 hours total.. One man job.. Wish I had help when rolling out the larger PPF pieces. Just studied and watched the youtube channel Drive Protected many times on their Tesla PPF wrapping jobs.

Hi there,

I just got my Model 3 PPF Stealth wrapped. They had 4 full working days with the car to wrap it and tint the windows. I just got the car back and I feel that they did not do a great job. They mentioned they had to rush because they were running behind and only had 2 days to work on the car. Upon picking up the car, they said to bring it back in 2 weeks to fix the panels and issues happening with the wrap.

Would love to get your thoughts on the overall job and if bringing it back for touch-ups is going to make a difference. Also any advice on how to move forward with the installers, because I feel that this is not worth the money I spent.
Sorry to see this I hope it gets fix the right way, rushing the job always effect the quality of work . Bring it back talk to the owner .

I'm just going to echo what others have already said, that the PPF needs a complete redo. Some of the PPF looks like there are cuts in it and that can't just be touched up. I'd also take a look at the cars paint once the PPF is removed.

With regards to not disclosing who did the job, I'm going to agree to give the shop the chance to make it right. But if they refuse, I'm of the opinion you should be disclosing which shop it was so everyone on this forum can avoid using them.

Reactions: Smytty
Wow this is bad. I got mine gloss ppf frontal end & wrap and my friend got model y stealth full body but his was all tucked in. But this place is bad. But maybe you can ask for warranty? I'm sure they provide warranty.

So update for everyone, I took the car back for them to "redo" and fix everyone. I dropped off the car for another 4 days. The installer mentioned they will only redo what needs to be redone. When I got the car back, it does not look like anything was redone, they just cut the excess film and tucked in more. I'll let you be the judge of how it turned out after another 4 days of "fixing" the PPF install.

Overall, having the car for 8 days combined, it still turned out horrible. I contacted the installer again to ask for a refund as nothing was really redone or fixed. They said the best they can do is refund 10% back as a sort of discount. Mind you I had to take an uber to pick up and drop off the car, each uber cost roughly $45 1 way, I had to Uber 4 times.

I am very disappointed and upset that I had spent so much time and money for this.

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3171.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 231
That is a horrendous job! Yeah you need to make a lot of noise over this. Send them emails with these pictures indicating the poor quality of the work and state you are asking for them to re-do the whole car properly or pay to have it done at a better quality shop. If they refuse (and from what you’ve posted so far, they will very much refuse) ask them for a refund. Once they refuse that, then call your credit card company and start a dispute on the charge. You’ll have had the email conversation showing you tried to get them to fix the poor end result and they refused.

And once that is all settled, I’d ask that you tell us which shop that is so future members can avoid them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus
WOW this is unacceptable! I don't think they have skills to fix it anyways. I'd bug them to get full refund.. at least 50% refund to get some panels redone by other shop. My friend's who did stealth looks nothing like this. I can send you my guy's number if you need it. They are in Toronto

Reactions: Vawlkus