Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PreDelivery Check 2023 MY Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s so strange to say panel gaps are normal. Only Tesla. I’m coming from a Lexus so quality but I see others picking up their MY and the panel gaps looked better, much better than mine!
I owned Lexus and other German brands before ... but Tesla is not known for its build qualities and consistency, and you can always ask service to adjust it to the best they can.

I am nervous that if they can either make the gaps worse and then I can have some pressure from the trunk hatch OR they can say it is within spec and nothing is done. I just don't want in a year or two noises or rattles to start happening.. My major concern...

Yes, that's always a possibility they can make things worse, it took them three tries to replace a windshield properly (glue everywhere, wind leaks). 3 times to upgrade cameras correctly, but other times problems are corrected the first time. Once I had an annoying rattle in my Lexus dash, after three visits, the problem is lessened but not completely solved, the dealer offered to completely reinstall the entire dash but cautioned it may cause other new rattles ... For Tesla unfortunately you just have to adjust certain expectation but enjoy the vehicle, it's technology, battery, and charging network is still superior than others at the moment.

Yes, that's always a possibility they can make things worse, it took them three tries to replace a windshield properly (glue everywhere, wind leaks). 3 times to upgrade cameras correctly, but other times problems are corrected the first time. Once I had an annoying rattle in my Lexus dash, after three visits, the problem is lessened but not completely solved, the dealer offered to completely reinstall the entire dash but cautioned it may cause other new rattles ... For Tesla unfortunately you just have to adjust certain expectation but enjoy the vehicle, it's technology, battery, and charging network is still superior than others at the moment.
Just nervous making that transition. It’s not about the price anymore.

Reactions: cbdream99