Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's not impossible I could have missed it somewhere, but I sure didn't see it when I selected the options and placed the order. In fact I was surprised, and looked several times. The site was very very basic back then, and all of the pages that we're looking at now were added later. A lot of people here were much more involved, were following the tweets and forums and so on. I wasn't. I had no obligation to be. I had put up $1000 for a reservation, I just picked the options on the page and bought the car, and the Premium Interior simply showed that it featured satellite/traffic views, end of story. It's not the monthly price I object to.

As to the traffic density I use that a lot, and the satellite visualization of places I'm looking for. Messing with the phone instead is just another hazard. So I have little choice, and over the (hoped for) 10 year life of the car it's another $1200 I didn't bargain for.

Last edited:
I can't say what some deeply buried page might have said, or what other people might have known, but I'd placed my order in 2016, and when I bought the car in December 2018, to the best of my knowledge there was nothing that mentioned that this touted feature of the Premium Interior was temporary.

How is using the phone as hotspot going to put the satellite and traffic updates on the screen?
The Live Traffic Visual & Sat Nav will be coming from the cars LTE signal, only WiFi use is the movie links like Netflix etc.

I have read on here there Lots of Model S have had this connectivity for years, even after mentioning that it was only for 1 year. I think that they will feel it the most.

Fred

Per the website included in the e-mail, this will include satellite navigation and traffic visualization for SR+ owners. I have an SR+ and I immediately subscribed - my confirmation e-mail specifically states I will be getting those features.

I agree with this. I have the same email. But...

Do you have the trial premium running right now?

I supposedly have "trial premium" connectivity now. But I don't have traffic visualization now with the trial version. I'm skeptical of actually getting traffic with the paid version since as far as I can read and understand, I should have it now with my trial version.

I got the email too. The email says feature availability may vary by hardware configuration. Is the Sr+ hardware configured to exclude these features? If I supposedly have a free trial of this then I should have those two options now right?

The "Learn More" page at Tesla references Caraoke and video streaming as the "not supported" features due to hardware.

upload_2019-12-7_5-5-53.png

Will we get live traffic and satellite maps? The email says feature availability may vary by hardware configuration.
That’s referring to some of the V10 features that don’t work on older MCUs in the S and X. It unpacks it on the learn more page.

Some features such as Caraoke and video streaming are not supported on some cars based on hardware configuration. Review your release notes to confirm feature availability in your Tesla.