Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. I bought my car in Jan 2019, and it said 1-year-free on their site with a note about premium connectivity would cost "about $100 per year"

And the reason you didn't receive anything yet is because (according to your sig) you bought an LR in April 2019. As a "Premium Interior" car, it includes a year of premium connectivity. You will receive something when your year is ending.

No 'countdown' indication on my screen... odd that some folks see it and some don't (is this Regional..?).

Attachments

• IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 84
You could always tether to your phone, that isn't new. Just create a hotspot on your phone and join it from the car - the car doesn't know it's a phone wifi. Some people use this to satisfy the "connect to wifi to download" for software updates. You could do this from day 1

Yeah, I can WiFi 'tether' when at home, but WiFi gets turned off when driving. You can press the wireless/LTE icon in upper right; it shows WiFi off, but no way to turn it on.

Yeah, I can WiFi 'tether' when at home, but WiFi gets turned off when driving. You can press the wireless/LTE icon in upper right; it shows WiFi off, but no way to turn it on.
Yes there is. It is a PITA to have to do it every time you get in your car, but it is doable.
  1. Make sure Personal Hotspot it turned on on your phone
  2. Put your car into drive*
  3. Touch the LTE icon
  4. Select WiFi settings and turn on WiFi (it will ask for credentials - ignore and close the window)
  5. The WiFi icon should appear. If you have previously connected to that hotspot, it should automatically connect within a few seconds, but I always tap the icon to make sure
*Don't do this while driving: do it before your vehicle starts to move.

• Informative
Reactions: laketica
It's not clear to me how to buy the Premium LTE vs the Stanford that I assume comes with the car. I ordered the Model 3 MidRange - should arrive any day now. I heard the Premium Connectivity will cost about $100/year but its not clear how I would buy it. Also, any thoughts on rearward experience of Standard v Premium Connectivity are welcome. Thanks!
tesla.com>sign>view details>subscriptions... ought to tell you when your free period ends...

I am guessing it doesn’t transfer when you purchase a used Model 3. Build date for mine is May 2018, it was registered in June according to CarFax

Depends.

If it's private sale yes it transfers.

If it went through Tesla it won't.

Connectivity

tesla.com said:
What happens to my Premium Connectivity subscription if I sell or trade-in my car?

If Premium Connectivity is included on your car at no cost, it will be removed automatically at the time of trade-in.

If the car is sold privately, Premium Connectivity will remain for future owners for the lifetime of the car.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I have a quick question. Just got my SR+ and based on my Tesla account I only got one month of premium connectivity but not a year. Is this the norm for SR+ users? I don't really care that much, but if everybody else gets a year then I want the same.