Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium connectivity now no longer works.
Does anyone else have a similar experience and ,if so, what progress have you made in reversing their decision.I would be interested to know if you think this is honest practice.

It's honest, unless they explicitly said your purchase was eligible for lifetime premium connectivity. Or if they absolutely didnt say anything at all about premium connectivity -- in which case its reasonable for one to assume all equipment and functionality would last in perpetuity.

i dont have a time machine to know what they said back then, but today it is quite obvious and clear on the tesla page that premium connectivity is a limited-duration subcsription

Pretty sure that $10 per month is $120 per year.

Unless this new math changed that (or Tesla came out with an annual option I am unaware of)

Yep, typo, obviously 10 dollars a month. Quite right, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. Well spotted and thanks for replying.
Are there any other early adopters out there who feels that they are not getting a square deal. I know it’s a trivial amount of money, but Elon is now the fourth richest guy on the planet. He doesn’t need to treat his customers like cash cows.

He doesn’t need to treat his customers like cash cows
On the contrary; Tesla is a publicly traded company. He is required as a matter of Federal when law when issuing directives to Tesla not to do what is ethicially best or best for the planet or the company, but what is best for shareholders' quarterly profits. Woo, unfettered capitalism.

Last edited:
Since we are on the topic...I thought I'd ask if anyone experiences no wifi for days at a time even though they have premium connectivity? I am now going on almost a week...I did just get my car PPF wrapped and chrome deleted...that could somehow be the cause? Not sure how to resolve, but I've been using Bluetooth this whole time and have no traffic data coming in...I did do a soft reset, but that also was ineffective. Thoughts? TIA

Since we are on the topic...I thought I'd ask if anyone experiences no wifi for days at a time even though they have premium connectivity? I am now going on almost a week...I did just get my car PPF wrapped and chrome deleted...that could somehow be the cause? Not sure how to resolve, but I've been using Bluetooth this whole time and have no traffic data coming in...I did do a soft reset, but that also was ineffective. Thoughts? TIA

I assume you mean LTE/cellular data not WiFi. In which case I would say that the people that wrapped your car probably disconnected the antenna when they took the covers off your side-view mirrors. So you probably need to take it back to them and have them check the connections. (You could go to Tesla but they would probably charge since it was probably caused by someone working on your car.)

I assume you mean LTE/cellular data not WiFi. In which case I would say that the people that wrapped your car probably disconnected the antenna when they took the covers off your side-view mirrors. So you probably need to take it back to them and have them check the connections. (You could go to Tesla but they would probably charge since it was probably caused by someone working on your car.)
Whoops...yes, thank you I do mean LTE/Cellular data! I do have a followup appointment with the shop, so will definitely ask them about this. Thank you!

It's been 2 months since my Tesla Premium Connectivity expired, and haven't missed it. Since I use my phone as a mobile hotspot, I only lost the satellite view & live traffic indicators. Maybe I'll spring for Premium Connectivity when I go on a road trip, and cancel it after that but it's definitely not necessary.