Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. NigelM just beat me. But here is my black/carbon. Build quality is solid though it's a lot lighter than I had imagined it would be. I love the solution they came up for securing it (versus having to use a seatbelt). When tight, it doesn't really budge though you can still lift the front up off the seat about an inch. The felt material for the cell phone holder, and the yacht floor like rubber on the bottom are nice touches. Color and trim is a perfect match. I think it's well worth the $700 at least when compared with the pricing of other Tesla accessories (remember the $700 carbon fiber yacht floor?).

Very cool!! Can you or Nigel comment on the armrest capability of the center console to replicate the door's armrest comfort? Meaning, do you have to lean into the center a bit to get your arm to comfortably rest on the console, or is it fairly symmetrical in position (and height)?

Very cool!! Can you or Nigel comment on the armrest capability of the center console to replicate the door's armrest comfort? Meaning, do you have to lean into the center a bit to get your arm to comfortably rest on the console, or is it fairly symmetrical in position (and height)?

Pretty symmetrical in position but not height, it's lower than the door armrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Removable?

Yes. You have to reach in the trunk to release the hook but uninstall is about the same as install i.e. ~30 secs. The console has a really nice velour bag to store it in.

It's well seated, install with the clip provided then pull that tight. It really doesn't move from side to side at all, of course I wouldn't put a Venti Starbucks in there and then take it on to the track. You can lift it slightly from the front, but not that far and with normal (or even spirited) driving it sits just fine, including over speed bumps (assuming you don't take those at 50mph).

Very cool. Thanks :)

Can't wait to get mine. If it works out well I'll order one for my fiance's P85 too. :biggrin:

The stitching on this console is light grey and will not match those of us who have black stitching in our cars. This is also an issue for the center console. Apparently Tesla is only making them available in light colored stitching, which is kind of an F-U to early owners. My car was delivered in August 2013 and all surfaces have black stitching. Neither console will match my car, and Tesla said they are not making a version with dark stitching.

Thanks for nothing.

I'd be annoyed too if I were in your situation.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I know I read a post in a thread about the front console where someone else with the black stitching had dyed or colored the white stitching on the console to match. You shouldn't have to do that, but perhaps it's an option.

Edit: Found the post for you--http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/40064-Which-Center-Console-should-I-get?p=853711&viewfull=1#post853711

Have not seen the aftermarket consols but after a year without one I had the Tesla consol installed last month and love it. Looks nice and cleans up the floor area all junk out of sight. The only issue I had was the stitching on my car was black and the stitching on the new consol was white, so dyed it to match.

Last edited:
Oddly, I received tracking numbers for the CHAdeMO adatper and the console at nearly the same time, received the CHAdeMO adapter already but FedEX shows the console one as "not found" after two days. Guess I'll email Tesla Monday if it doesn't change.

First impressions: Feels high quality, looks a perfect match, won't be especially quick to remove for those times I need 5 seats (probably 3-5 minutes and some minor contorted body positions to unsnap it from the rear seat back), reasonably stable once in position although the front will wiggle from side to side, drinks will be perfectly stable and not tip, the interior is finished nicely, it's worlds better than any aftermarket option. Overall I like it, the nice bag with the Tesla logo is a nice touch, it was packaged very Apple-like, and I'm glad I have it.

0AA5B29E-911E-4F37-9E84-3C1F6177D3AD_zps3fcolpyy.jpg

04632CDA-77D4-4EF5-B486-C9594CB05415_zpsr1ulloac.jpg

70DB3D9E-67B7-4E90-A856-4672EE6C5C20_zpsbsumfgcg.jpg

CC33731F-5215-47DE-9836-4A7A34C48FD4_zpsjy6mdydw.jpg

690F33B9-214B-4BC9-84E2-8551F0E47216_zpslno1lsgt.jpg

74BAC715-9885-46E6-B4C3-2EBDF47BDAE8_zpstzskogxs.jpg

DB858195-F636-4800-AD13-4B9F35FBB7D1_zpsecnehmjl.jpg

AEE45884-1103-4E62-8049-5CC73DD7E7CE_zpsgkvcgjxk.jpg

1BA73535-31E8-4DED-8AD9-6D860927CC04_zpsmp2ftjeb.jpg

It looks like it fits right in. In a few months, I'm sure the back seat will look strange without it.

I probably will only remove it when I need both seats folded down. The few times I've had three people in the back they were not that comfortable, but everyone wanted to go in my car for some reason :)

Mine will be here Tuesday as well. I guess I don't need to post a picture, since Tan/Obeche Matte is the picture in the store, so everyone already know how it looks in that combo.

Oddly, I received tracking numbers for the CHAdeMO adatper and the console at nearly the same time, received the CHAdeMO adapter already but FedEX shows the console one as "not found" after two days. Guess I'll email Tesla Monday if it doesn't change.
Ordered mine late evening on 2/19 and received a shipping confirmation from Tesla on 2/21. Still not showing up on Fedex as having shipped; however, the Fedex web site is saying that a Fedex Express National Service Disruption is in effect due to weather impacts on their Memphis hub. I suspect this may be creating a delay for at least some of us.

Got mine yesterday, and for those considering purchasing, I'd give it a qualified thumbs up. Looks good, well designed cup holders and storage, great match to materials in car. Unlike the front center console, however, visually it is clearly an "add-on. I was a little bummed that the first couple of people (2 children, one adult) to sit in back seat with it immediately tried to lift it up see if it folded into seat back to make the center seat available, as in most cars with a third-row console. The wigglieness and upward give of the unit confused them, since obviously it doesn't fold up, calling for me to explain. They all concluded it was a bit awkward or cheap feeling. IMHO, good product (cup holders and a little storage sorely needed back there), but not sure why Tesla can't design rear seats with a rear center console that folds into them, like so many other cars, rather than one that has to be installed and removed. Removal and installation a "thing" for me, since we are 5 in my family. In all, I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I (and my smoothie drinking offspring) will be glad we have it.

Got mine yesterday, and for those considering purchasing, I'd give it a qualified thumbs up. Looks good, well designed cup holders and storage, great match to materials in car. Unlike the front center console, however, visually it is clearly an "add-on. I was a little bummed that the first couple of people (2 children, one adult) to sit in back seat with it immediately tried to lift it up see if it folded into seat back to make the center seat available, as in most cars with a third-row console. The wigglieness and upward give of the unit confused them, since obviously it doesn't fold up, calling for me to explain. They all concluded it was a bit awkward or cheap feeling. IMHO, good product (cup holders and a little storage sorely needed back there), but not sure why Tesla can't design rear seats with a rear center console that folds into them, like so many other cars, rather than one that has to be installed and removed. Removal and installation a "thing" for me, since we are 5 in my family. In all, I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I (and my smoothie drinking offspring) will be glad we have it.

Thanks for the detailed review.

I just got notification that my rear center console was just shipped, but the tracking number isn't showing anything yet.

For those who already got theirs, do you remember what the originating city was on the shipment?

Thanks!

Tons of pics here already, but I guess I can post a quick review.

First... fishing that anchor to the back was not the most fun process. The tightening portion kept getting stuck on a flap of the trunk lining and getting stuck. Finally got it though, and now I know for next time. Definitely requires some trunk gymnastics. I tried to do it from the back seat with the passenger side seat folded down for trunk access, but I couldn't get it without climbing into the trunk.

It's pretty high quality. Fits in with the interior, doesn't move nearly as much as I had feared (has some play in it, but not enough to worry about it). The covered storage is nice. It works comfortably as an arm rest for a rear passenger (I sat in the back for a few minutes).

Overall, I like it. :)

2015-02-24 15.21.02-1920.jpg

2015-02-24 15.31.36-1920.jpg

2015-02-24 15.31.43-1920.jpg

2015-02-24 15.32.02-1920.jpg

Also, bagged up it fits in the small P85D frunk just fine, which is where I'll probably store it when I have 5 people in the car.