Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine today. Only thing I noticed is that the silver rings around the top of the cupholders are matte vs glossy like the front cupholders. But I think you have to look pretty closely to notice this. Happy with them, an arm rest that folded into the back seat would have been nicer but this solves the problem well enough for a retrofit.

Just got my premium center console and installed it.
Rather than post pictures of the front and sides of the console, which others have already done here, I'll post the rear and some comments on the installation procedure:

IMG_7064.jpg

One thing I found somewhat painful was getting the end clip through the rear as the trunk liner splits the gap between the seat-back and seat-bottom, so I kept getting the clip to go under the trunk liner. Finally got it through by pushing down on the liner:

IMG_7065.jpg

Unlike Jason (wk057) I didn't have too much trouble pulling the entire length of the tightening strap through from the trunk, meaning the buckle didn't get stuck in the seat gap:

IMG_7066.jpg

The pin to which the end clip attaches sits fairly high relative to the slit in the rear liner of the center seat:

IMG_7068.jpg

So it took a couple of tries to get the clip high enough while inside the slit to attach properly to the pin:

IMG_7069.jpg

Pulling on the strap through the buckle to tighten the console leaves quite a bit of excess hanging:

IMG_7070.jpg

But it wasn't too big of a deal to stuff the excess back in the gap between trunk liner and seat:

IMG_7071.jpg

Ok here's a picture of the console itself, since no piano black ones have been posted yet - interesting to see the center seat-back wrinkled a bit after tightening the strap:

IMG_7072.jpg

And finally a photo from the front to show both consoles in one shot:

IMG_7076.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be annoyed too if I were in your situation.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I know I read a post in a thread about the front console where someone else with the black stitching had dyed or colored the white stitching on the console to match. You shouldn't have to do that, but perhaps it's an option.

Edit: Found the post for you--http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/40064-Which-Center-Console-should-I-get?p=853711&viewfull=1#post853711

Thanks for digging that up for me! You're the best!

Got my White/Carbon fiber today. The white on the rear console seems to be a bit lighter than my seat backs. I will need to see it on a sunny day to really get a good look at the color differences, but I would say that in my garage the Evannex front console seems closer in color to the seats than the Tesla rear one. Still a welcome addition to the car.

Well after 24 hours with the rear console installed and a few dozen miles driven in different conditions, I have noticed that the latch doesn't pull the console's cover down all the way, which means it rattles annoyingly when going over bumps or rough roads.

Has anyone else noticed this, or did I get a bad unit?

I called Tesla to explain the issue and they are sending me another one. Once I get the replacement, I will send the defective one in a prepaid shipping label they'll also send me.

Now that's customer service! If only it could apply to my next-gen seats (sigh..)

Check the cell phone holder insert. If it's too far forward, it will keep the console from closing completely.

Yep, I noticed this issue as well. But the problem with mine is that the latch seems to be loose in such a way that there's a slight gap between the cover and the base of the console, so it leaves some play that causes a rattle when going over bumps or rough roads.