Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package (PUP)

Premium Upgrades Package?

• Yes

Votes: 236 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is this from? Never seen it before, as it's the first mention of heated front seats in the base model or the 6-way manual front seats. Never seen the term 'Airwave' for the new two channels of air for the HVAC either.... It's not from the Press Kit link or other current info.

Come on, give! :D
I've been trying to figure this out too...seen it posted several times but no idea as to where it came from. Lots of good info if it's actually from Tesla and not some idiot with too much time on his hands...

I've been trying to figure this out too...seen it posted several times but no idea as to where it came from. Lots of good info if it's actually from Tesla and not some idiot with too much time on his hands...
Lol, yeah, it could be a Photoshop'd wish list... :D It looks like a smartphone photo off the main display of a Tesla, like release notes!

I think it's a fake. Complementary is spelled wrong. Googling Airwave and Model 3 gets you nothing. Lol, good try, whoever started this!
I'm leaning towards fake as well, it uses several terms I've never seen Tesla use before (i.e., "Fabric" vs "Textile").

However, complimentary is spelled correctly (with an "i" means "given free of charge").

I think it's a fake. Complementary is spelled wrong. Googling Airwave and Model 3 gets you nothing. Lol, good try, whoever started this!

Yeah someone wrote that out on word and just took a picture of their computer screen. Hence the lines in the picture image. Point your smartphone camera at your monitor and you will see. Could they have taken a picture of it on a screen somewhere? Sure, but most likely it wouldnt be so zoomed in, clearly hiding their bedroom lol.

Ok I want the PUP, but also want the white interior coming this fall. But it says its white will be a non-premium feature.
Won't they offer a PUP with anything other than the black interior?

I thought that as well but in re-reading it they are 2 separate items. Both the white interior and the base battery will arrive in the fall. Separately. Like the S and X the white interior will most likely be an cost option hopefully less money than the S and X.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I'm assuming when you hit 'save' for the 3 selections currently offered on your My Tesla page, it doesn't lock you in? If not, what's the purpose of 'save'?

Also, it seems that XM is out of the question, even with the glass roof.

I'm assuming when you hit 'save' for the 3 selections currently offered on your My Tesla page, it doesn't lock you in? If not, what's the purpose of 'save'?

Also, it seems that XM is out of the question, even with the glass roof.
No doesn't look you into anything. They may use as general indicator to judge demand for each of the version but not sure.

I thought that as well but in re-reading it they are 2 separate items. Both the white interior and the base battery will arrive in the fall. Separately. Like the S and X the white interior will most likely be an cost option hopefully less money than the S and X.

If they're throwing in the white interior with the non-premium interior, why would they charge extra for that same white, if you're ordering the PUP?

I'm fairly certain this is referring to the space under the screen being covered or not, not the console between the seats. The reason I say that is that the charging cables at the Model 3 Accessories page include an image of the installation instructions, which show the phone docking being at that forward position.
M3_Phone_Dock_1.jpg

I assume the center console/armrest is standard, or they'd have called out "driver arm rest" on the PUP description

I'm going to steal this picture and ask based on the display, and assuming the Model 3 isn't going to come with any default cables as they dont know whether you need USB-C, Lightning, or Micro, do you think it would be smart with PUP and having this phone display stand to purchase one of the cables from their site to get that "L" shape at the bottom? Or does it look like you could just bend and twist a regular cable to make it fit?

It came from here:

Model 3 specs

RandyS posted them.

"Complimentary" (as in "free") looks like its spelled correctly? Unless you think it should be "complementary" (as in "goes well with")?
Hm, that's weird because when I googled that line only the other version came up!

In any case, this list with Airwave and Homelink has been seen nowhere else except as a photo We still need a source and origin.

Reactions: David-El