Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package (PUP)

Premium Upgrades Package?

• Yes

Votes: 236 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm fairly certain this is referring to the space under the screen being covered or not, not the console between the seats. The reason I say that is that the charging cables at the Model 3 Accessories page include an image of the installation instructions, which show the phone docking being at that forward position.

I assume the center console/armrest is standard, or they'd have called out "driver arm rest" on the PUP description

Ah, thank you! That makes a lot of sense.

Check out the sticky Model 3 Specs thread.

There is a screen shot from somewhere that shows additional details of the PUP such as the rear seat armrest, homelink, ambient interior lighting, etc..(I was assuming it was from the configuator available to early orders, but perhaps somewhere else. I can't directly confirm its authenticity)
Why do people keep making reference to material that Tesla did not put out. Oh Yeah, it contains stuff that they want and it makes them feel better. If it isn't on Tesla's website, PLEASE stop telling people the information if factual. OR if it is factual, prove it.

It's a screenshot of an employee's configuration page. It's pretty concrete. At this point, I don't think Tesla is going to 'publish' specs for the base configuration until they make one, which could be several months. So, people go with what they can get. Model3Owners thinks it's factual, and mostly Trevor has been correct. I'll go with that, for now.

I'm going to steal this picture and ask based on the display, and assuming the Model 3 isn't going to come with any default cables as they dont know whether you need USB-C, Lightning, or Micro, do you think it would be smart with PUP and having this phone display stand to purchase one of the cables from their site to get that "L" shape at the bottom? Or does it look like you could just bend and twist a regular cable to make it fit?

Those cable options are part of PUP. At least for Model S, it came with lightning and micro USB. Not sure they'll have USB C available too since it's relatively new on phones, but you could technically just use a regular USB C cable (an angled one for a cleaner install).

Amazon.com: Tesla Motors Quick Connection Phone Dock Adapter for Model S & Model X, iPhone Lightning Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

• Helpful
Reactions: boaterva
I'm definitely on the fence for the PUP. I hated the glass roof in my MS, and the stereo upgrade was good, but not on par with competitors. But buying the stripper Model 3 is going to make selling it tough in the future, and "leather" is fairly important to me. Overall I think it's a good value. I could probably live with the fabric seats and just put an aftermarket stereo in for $1000. Hopefully I can add the car as an extra device on Verizon and just pay the $10/month.

It's a screenshot of an employee's configuration page. It's pretty concrete. At this point, I don't think Tesla is going to 'publish' specs for the base configuration until they make one, which could be several months. So, people go with what they can get. Model3Owners thinks it's factual, and mostly Trevor has been correct. I'll go with that, for now.
Believe me, I hope you guys are correct. I really want Homelink. Now......can somebody come up with a screenshot from an employee that says the car will have XM radio?????

I'm definitely on the fence for the PUP. I hated the glass roof in my MS, and the stereo upgrade was good, but not on par with competitors. But buying the stripper Model 3 is going to make selling it tough in the future, and "leather" is fairly important to me. Overall I think it's a good value. I could probably live with the fabric seats and just put an aftermarket stereo in for $1000. Hopefully I can add the car as an extra device on Verizon and just pay the $10/month.
Not sure what kind of aftermarket stereo you can put in. About only thing you can replace would be to change out the speakers and add a subwoofer if it didn't come with one.

You understand that there is no DIN slot in the Tesla 3 for installation of an aftermarket radio right? Please tell me you understand that.

Installing a double DIN carplay capable aftermarket in our Acura MDX, which DID have a radio, just in a custom enclosure, ended up costing $2,000.

I can only imagine what having someone fabricate an enclosure in the Model 3 and splice into the onboard computer is going to cost.

Do you have a link where an employee says it's their configuration page? I've only seen posts (including what I believe is the original thread) where it's been alleged (and really, it's more of a suggestion than outright statement) that it's from a configuration page of what is assumed to be an employee since those are the only people who can order right now.

So, tldr: it's just 3rd party hearsay that it's from a configuration page

What was it about the roof that you hated?

How can the car do summon without Homelink?

Good question - it depends on the situation. If it's in a garage, it obviously can't without Homelink. But I'd guess that they're assuming people who want Summon (part of EAP and $5k extra) are likely to shell out for PUP too. Not everyone would want both though, so it's a fair question to ask.

Perhaps it's sort of like the people that want to put a roof rack on Model S. They may not specifically want the pano roof but if a roof rack is important, they're upgrading.

And all of this posturing isn't to say that Summon is useless without Homelink. There's a case to be made for people being OK opening their slim garage and then summoning the car out before closing their garage manually or through an app. Not ideal, but not a huge inconvenience either.

How can the car do summon without Homelink?
OH YEAH!!!
koolaid.jpg

Those cable options are part of PUP. At least for Model S, it came with lightning and micro USB. Not sure they'll have USB C available too since it's relatively new on phones, but you could technically just use a regular USB C cable (an angled one for a cleaner install).

Amazon.com: Tesla Motors Quick Connection Phone Dock Adapter for Model S & Model X, iPhone Lightning Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

Before they removed the Model 3 accessories they had cables for about $14.99 for lighting, micro usb, and usb-c on the Tesla Shop page. So I am assuming at some point it will come back. Its nice to hear that it comes with the cables which is cool.

No doesn't look you into anything. They may use as general indicator to judge demand for each of the version but not sure.

That's exactly it - to get a feel for more specific demand. It also doubles as a nice little way to encourage people to hang in there just a little longer. And it does generally give people a sense for where they are in the queue.

We were going to hold out for AWD but that had us pegged for Jul - Sep whereas First Production put us in the Oct - Dec window. Just waiting on that beautiful white interior and we're in.