Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package (PUP)

Premium Upgrades Package?

• Yes

Votes: 236 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Link?
M3_Phone_Dock_1.jpeg

If the cables are only backup for phones without inductive charging, the instructions would require you to disconnect the wireless charger. There has been no mention, comment, statement, picture, video, or hint of wireless charging from anyone at Tesla.

" In the video, von Holzhausen whips out his iPhone 7 Plus and has it plugged in and charging in under 3 seconds" -Motor Trend.

From the Tesla forums:

The "Now You Know" team event ride asked the question and was told it has wireless charging in the premium package. They said you just lay your phone on the console to charge it and Jesse was super excited over the idea plus the location to do so.
It's still not direct from Tesla but there are an awful lot of reviews stating wireless charging with no corrections.

• Informative
Reactions: KarenRei
From the Tesla forums:

The "Now You Know" team event ride asked the question and was told it has wireless charging in the premium package. They said you just lay your phone on the console to charge it and Jesse was super excited over the idea plus the location to do so.
It's still not direct from Tesla but there are an awful lot of reviews stating wireless charging with no corrections.

Driver: "right here your phone charger is built right in"
NYK: "oh wow"
Driver: "Nice place for your phone to sit"
NYK: "So you just stick it right in...now can you replace these with uhh..."
Driver: "Yes, USB port chargers below it, so I think right now there is an Android and an Apple [cable]"

They refer to different phone connections but never say anything about wireless.

Model 3 specs

So by not going with the PUP,
  1. we may not get heated seats (there's a possibility front seats get it but there is no confirmation from Tesla at the moment)
  2. we will not be getting 12-way power adjustable front seats (didn't realize passengers get 12-way too)
  3. we will not be getting heated side mirrors (nice to have during winter)
  4. we will not be getting a power adjustable steering column (I think this is a plus because it's easier to adjust manually than to use the touch screen anyway if I don't go for the PUP)

Model 3 specs

So by not going with the PUP,
  1. we may not get heated seats (there's a possibility front seats get it but there is no confirmation from Tesla at the moment)
  2. we will not be getting 12-way power adjustable front seats (didn't realize passengers get 12-way too)
  3. we will not be getting heated side mirrors (nice to have during winter)
  4. we will not be getting a power adjustable steering column (I think this is a plus because it's easier to adjust manually than to use the touch screen anyway if I don't go for the PUP)
Also no rear USB, no upgraded sound, no all glass tinted roof, no cover on center storage console, and no synthetic leather seats.

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
If we choose to go with the PUP, do you think we can create THREE differing smartphones profiles (it seems only two key cards are included but perhaps a third can be bought) and have everything tied to a profile (steering wheel, side mirrors and seats positions, and other settings -- SEE BELOW -- saved to the profiles) adjust automatically as we use the corresponding smartphone app to enter the vehicle without the need to use the touch display? This convenience is probably the reason I'll be pushed towards getting the PUP but the auto dimming side mirrors would be nice too.

Settings in Driver Profile | Tesla

Creep is not saved to your profile, but it should be.

Climate control is not saved to your profile.

Regen is saved to your profile.

Steering is saved to your profile, including sport or comfort mode.

The speed in which your suspension lowers for aerodynamics is a part of the driver's profile.

The fob can override automatic door handle presentation and unlocking.

I prefer that I don't have to use a button on a fob for profiles. The only time I have to dig my fob out of the bottom my bag is when I take the car in for service or when someone else locks the door with a fob.

I have found that the temperature setting and the seat heaters are remembered by driver profile. It is not a preset, rather the last setting that driver had used.

Almost every aspect of the PUP, other than rear USB ports, would be a dealbreaker for me if removed. I have no interest in a car without heated seats, with a crappy stereo, with manual seats, with cloth seats, without auto dimming mirrors, without heated mirrors, or with a fixed solid opaque roof.

Oh, that said, I do *hate* the piano black console and I'm ambivalent on the wood. The piano black nonsense is getting covered the first week with the car.

For those like me who are waiting for the white interior (and would possibly postpone ordering to wait for it), here are some pics of it! I seem to recall these were not production cars, but RCs.
View attachment 265916 View attachment 265917

I'm eagerly waiting the release of the white interior too. Would go for First Production, though not without the white inside. Here's to hoping for a nice Christmas present from Elon :)