Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price change after ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my $2500 deposit on Oct 7 2019 and the price for model 3 Sr+ Was $38990 Delivery 2-3 weeks. I have been waiting patiently for vin and delivery. This morning checking on my order the price went up to $39490 and now a 6-10 week wait. Tesla can’t do that but that is what is in my account. how is Tesla getting away with this price change after an order is placed. Sounds like a lawsuit. Are there others that this has happened to as well? If so a class action lawsuit is warranted.

Lol, lawyer up and see how that works. ;)

Until you sign the contract and take delivery, Tesla doesn’t owe you anything except your $2500 back and you can pound sand until the cows come home.

This is moot anyway as they’ll honor the original price when you take delivery - they always have.

Lol, lawyer up and see how that works. ;)

Until you sign the contract and take delivery, Tesla doesn’t owe you anything except your $2500 back and you can pound sand until the cows come home.

This is moot anyway as they’ll honor the original price when you take delivery - they always have.
What about delivery time? My account went from 2 weeks to 6-10 weeks

...class action lawsuit...

I think as long as you didn't get a "Final Price Sheet" (usually with a VIN), Tesla can change prices.

When you placed your deposit, there's an agreement and if you didn't like it, you shouldn't hand Tesla your money.

The agreement says:

"Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee."

Thus, after taking time going through a court, the worst punishment Tesla could be penalized is to return you your $2,500 deposit.

they kinda did this with the performance models a few weeks back, my SR+ went up also ordered 10/16 but the order agreement still shows the same old price, wait time also went up to 6-10 FROM ORDER DATE. already past 2 weeks anyway

FWIW, my base 'car price' before adders has also increased within my 'payment method' section of the website by $2,000 and doesn't match the price when I build it out new from scratch and the side bar that used to list 'Within two weeks of order date' now says nothing about a time frame at all.

FWIW, my base 'car price' before adders has also increased within my 'payment method' section of the website by $2,000 and doesn't match the price when I build it out new from scratch and the side bar that used to list 'Within two weeks of order date' now says nothing about a time frame at all.
My car has changed in price too (order 10/11), though I don't remember the precise original -so I will guess $500-$700.

My “2-3 weeks” has disappeared and the usual nonsense about date configured, order date, build, etc is there.

Tesla is squeezing us for more nickels and dimes - and they can have the money if they deliver a car to me. I have a $2500 deposit, not $100, but apparently that did not lock me into any implied agreement. What they are doing is legal, though.

Tesla is acting cheap and petty by doing this - also seems desperate for a few bucks. If they want to act like they need to stand on a street corner and hustle for change - let them. It just further erodes their image IMO. But they make the best EV’s around, so I’ll let them take it. Hey Tesla ...want more?!

I do wonder, though. Doesn’t Tesla have any pride?

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
So I just got word from my SA.
"It’s looking like the price change is an internal system error. They are working on getting the pricing adjusted.

The car is anticipated to roll off the line within the next week or so.

You will be assigned a VIN as soon as that happens."

On my 10/4 order SR+ white/blck int. Rwd

• Helpful
Reactions: tarballqc