Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my first Supercharge session today just to make sure everything working. Was only down 25 miles from my preset charge limit. Cost was $1.44. Local gas is about $2.25 a gallon. This equates to about 34 mpg. Not bad for an SUV but nothing to write home to Mom about.

Reactions: KenYoung1
based on those numbers...$1.44/25 miles = 0.0576 per mile
x 1,000 miles
= $57.60
not much of a reward!!!!! And as I understand it they have a short expiration timeline so it might be common to not even get to use them all!!!!

Is that really all you get for a referral?

based on those numbers...$1.44/25 miles = 0.0576 per mile
x 1,000 miles
= $57.60
not much of a reward!!!!! And as I understand it they have a short expiration timeline so it might be common to not even get to use them all!!!!

Is that really all you get for a referral?

Good thought...that’s great marketing inasmuch as it sounds good to the customer and costs very little for the business

The 1000mi supercharging credit is actually 400kWh, which with the Model Y's rated range is about 1625 miles. Valued at $120 for my areas V3 Superchargers @ $0.30/kWh.

In actual usage, I spent 321kWh to do a 1150mi road trip, about 280Wh/mi. I added 300kWh via Superchargers, and spent $82.38, an average of $0.275/kWh (about 2.5x more than my home cost).

Did my first Supercharge session today just to make sure everything working. Was only down 25 miles from my preset charge limit. Cost was $1.44. Local gas is about $2.25 a gallon. This equates to about 34 mpg. Not bad for an SUV but nothing to write home to Mom about.
It varies my state and often charge level. But on a 2200 mile trip to Houston and back we racked up $53 in fuel costs. Try that in even a Prius.

Reactions: empiredown