Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices are slowly going up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the odds Tesla jacks up prices again in 2 days?
download.jpeg

I’ve been charting price hikes in another thread Short-term car options
It seems like they’re on an every two week price hike pattern, (I’m only following the long range version) including this morning’s $500 boost
Yes, recently it has been every two weeks. Prices for the Model 3 are now where they are at early 2020. Price for Model Y LR could go up to $1,000 more to match the all time high price.

You are the first person I’ve come across that classifies an S&P 500 index fund as “conservative.”

Do you not meet a lot of people? :)

I mean, more than a few folks give that advice... maybe you've heard of Warren Buffett?

Warren Buffett said:
A low-cost index fund is the most sensible equity investment for the great majority of investors,. By periodically investing in an index fund, the know-nothing investor can actually out-perform most investment professionals.

Warren Buffett said:
In my view, for most people, the best thing is to do is owning the S&P 500 index fund

He says this because if you can't be bothered to deeply understand individual companies to invest in, or can't afford the risk of being wrong about one of them, exposure to the entire index so deeply mitigates the risk as to be the safest alternative that still provides, over the long term, consistent returns that beat the hell out of stuff like bonds or savings accounts (and most importantly, inflation)

And up another $500!

Still several grand to go if they want to capture all of a new $7500 credit.

On the one hand, I understand for pure capitalist business reasons why this makes sense, you're selling cars faster than you can build em, seemingly regardless of price, and competitors remain few and far between so raising prices is the correct economic thing to do.

OTOH seems to contradict the whole thing where Elon says over and over again they want the cars to be more affordable and will do all they can to lower the price.

Still several grand to go if they want to capture all of a new $7500 credit.
Where are you seeing news of a credit? The old Federal program was exhausted.
A new program, proposed in Congress, is not yet law and given the nature of the legislative process, might...or might not survive....or look drastically different if it eventually becomes law

Where are you seeing news of a credit?

...everywhere?

There's been multiple stories about a couple of different bills for months now- and Biden has explicitly mentioned a new one multiple times in speeches in the last month or two.

There's clearly going to be one, and likely a point of sale one, it's just a question of what new caps/limits they put on it at this point and if they're going to make it retroactive or not to start of the year.

...everywhere?

There's been multiple stories about a couple of different bills for months now- and Biden has explicitly mentioned a new one multiple times in speeches in the last month or two.

There's clearly going to be one, and likely a point of sale one, it's just a question of what new caps/limits they put on it at this point and if they're going to make it retroactive or not to start of the year.
Not if Joe can't get WV Joe on board.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
They've now passed the threshold where the Model 3 is no longer eligible for the Massachusetts $2500 rebate which makes this last increase a $3000 increase not a $500 one. MA has a limit for $50K including the destination charge, not that they are at $49K with the destination charger they are over $50K. The only Tesla that still is elgible is the SR+ and nobody wants a RWD car in New England.

Not if Joe can't get WV Joe on board.

Manchin wants 48C tax credit brought back for clean energy- in fact he sponsored a bill for that exact purpose, and including it in whatever eventually gets passed will be his payment for supporting the new EV credit.

Ultimately a new credit is primarily a handout to GM, it's absolutely going to pass in some form- Tesla is just creeping up prices to grab some of it.