Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just dropped the Price on all new models.
Glad I didn't place order earlier today lol.
Maybe I need to wait a little bit longer haha
I guess, the third quarter needs a little boost...

Model S 100D_: $_97,500 -> $_94,000
Model X 100D_: $_99,500 -> $_96,000

Model S P100D: $140,000 -> $135,000
Model X P100D: $145,000 -> $140,000

Tesla is bringing back the prices to the level they were back in April before a price increase.
Though the vehicles now come with a lot more options included.

Model S 100D_: $_95,000 to $_97,500
Model X 100D_: $_98,500 to $_99,500

Model S P100D: $134,500 to $140,000
Model X P100D: $135,500 to $145,000

Tesla drops the price of its higher-end vehicles thanks to improved 100 kWh pack production
Tesla confirms ‘slight price increases’ for 100D/P100D models next week after decreases for lower-end models today

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Hi. Here is what happened:

QnUbcvu.gif

Tell that to everyone that bought April-till now.

True car + Dealers seem more fair sometimes.
That's a good one. Dealers have the advertised price (that no one pays) and then the actual sale price, which is variable depending on well you can haggle, time of quarter, size of inventory, phase of moon, etc. Furthermore, everyone's individual sale prices is never publicized, so no one knows what the previous customer paid. Much more fair...o_O

That's a good one. Dealers have the advertised price (that no one pays) and then the actual sale price, which is variable depending on well you can haggle, time of quarter, size of inventory, phase of moon, etc. Furthermore, everyone's individual sale prices is never publicized, so no one knows what the previous customer paid. Much more fair...o_O

Oh like the end of the year you get a discount because new hardware is coming out?

You are talking to someone who missed out on AP2 by 1 week because tesla pushed up my delivery by a month.

Fair is relative.

Oh like the end of the year you get a discount because new hardware is coming out?

You are talking to someone who missed out on AP2 by 1 week because tesla pushed up my delivery by a month.

Fair is relative.
Don't discount "The Discount". You got a better deal (lower price) for your AP1 vehicle, so you paid a fair price. Some prefer "last years model" vehicles to save money because they don't need to have the latest-and-greatest.

For me, I knew that AP2, bigger batteries and most importantly a folding 2nd row was on the horizon and I was planning to wait it out to get my perfect vehicle. However, Tesla informed me that a price increase was coming and I decided to pull the trigger instead of waiting. I knew what I was getting into and decided to compromise to save money ($30k Canadian ~ $500 USD).

If I was to purchase today knowing what I learned from the past year, this is what I would do:

Buy an inventory car toward end of quarter. There are brand new cars selling as inventory with discounts. Several weeks ago there were X90Ds selling for 15k less with < 50 mi (aka new).

I would be purchasing exactly what I know I'd be purchasing instead of all the unknowns while the car was waiting for production. I was stupid enough to pay full sticker price for my X with AP1 just missing AP2 by 2 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: number12
People are not stupid for buying before a change in price or configuration is made, as these are unknown and unknowable factors.

Tesla is constantly improving their offerings, and driving their costs down to remain competitive in a rapidly changing environment.