TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by deaddog, Jun 14, 2018.

1. ATCDee

ATCDee Member

Would anyone else like to provide some helpful input?

2. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

#62 Zorg, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    $60k for a car with no autopilot is a little steep. Otherwise car is pretty loaded. However, based on the 10/14 manufacturing date, it probably has AP1 but since it just was released in September 2014, it did not show up in the listed options. My car VIN is only a few 100 less than yours and it has AP1 but it was not listed with Autopilot when I bought it as a CPO. If the car has AP1, it is a good deal. Ask your advisor to confirm.

2014 Tesla P85+ (CPO)

3. ATCDee

ATCDee Member

@Zorg Sorry I should have been more clear it does have AP1 and is a 14' P85+. The specs sheet is attached in the first post

4. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

I'd add a few more $$ and get a P85D with less miles,, but it looks really clean from the pictures.

• Like x 2
  5. ATCDee

ATCDee Member

Thanks @Don TLR. I am also eying a p90D debating between the two.

• Like x 1
  6. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Supposedly the 90 batteries degrade faster than the 85

7. ATCDee

ATCDee Member

I was just reading about that. There are several mixed reviews but the degradation is concerning.

8. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

They're lowering the price due to the Model 3. Mainly because it features newer components (AP2.5) that'll make the Model S hard to catch up. So they have to lower the price on their CPOs. What I've been noticing is seeing some 2015 60D, 70D, and 85D with a lot of premium features, including AP1 that cost 50k

I was thinking about it but then I realized that I won't buy a Tesla unless it supports AP2.5, otherwise it'll kinda be a waste of money on my end. I plan to be using the Tesla Network to make a bit of income while I'm work. It may not be soon but it's better to be prepared for something like this than to put 50k down on a vehicle that isn't gonna make me any money in the long run.

• Like x 1
  9. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

I thought that issue was addressed with the new 90 kWh batteries?

10. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

Wow.

Model 3 configuration changes now allows you to configure a "bare bones" performance 3 for $69k before incentives which includes eap. I was considering a p85d for mid 60s but that price for a new model 3 is going to be verrry tempting. Another 2.5k for a color and white seats and we're still at 64k after tax incentive.

This has to significantly affect cpo pricing.

• Like x 1
  11. mambro

mambro Supporting Member

Bring it on! I was looking at 2 CPO/Used 2013 P85+ (that are now both gone over the weekend) at $48.2k and $47.8k and gave the "heads up" to a local used car dealer that, with respect, their P85 for $52k was more than I could get from Tesla directly with a warranty. So yes, PLEASE, Tesla release the Kraken and get some reasonable (lol) priced Model S 85's in TX! ;)

• Like x 1
  12. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Possibly, but I think its 2 different markets, I have ZERO interest in a 3 at any cost for performance.

13. Olds442

Olds442 Member

i'm holding out for a CPO model 3.

• Disagree x 1
  14. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

lmao

15. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Yes and no.

If you don't need the extra room or an opening sunroof there is very little reason to buy a used MS (especially pre AP or AP1) over a new M3.

• Disagree x 1
  16. Fobble

Fobble Member

Each to their own. For me, it's like between Civic vs Accord, or worse Corolla vs Avalon to larger extreme. Not just room/space and going from A to B.

• Like x 1
  17. P85+ Hunter :)

Uhhhhh... should we tell him? :')

• Like x 1
  18. Skeeboe

Skeeboe Member

Free supercharger was the only reason I didn’t consider the 3.... I maximize the $#!+ out of SC use with a daily 165 mile commute and a SC 2 miles from the house!

19. Olds442

Olds442 Member

there's a waiting list and i'm on it.

if fact, i am the entire waiting list.

20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Two comments (opinions):
    1. AP 2.5 won't be able to support true FSD, in the "Tesla Network" kind of way.
    2. You'll own a different car by the time the "Tesla Network" is a real thing.