Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a CPO 2015 P85D with 13K miles sold last week for $58.5K. My guess is the next big dump of cars will be in a few weeks which will lead to a few more buying opportunities.

This is a solid deal. Much better than 85D for 57! As I said, 85D needs to be 50K or below to make sense.

Why October? Aren't most leases 3 years?

Tesla launched a 2-year lease program in August 2016.

Don't forget to allow 2+ weeks from deposit to delivery.

Prefer around $50-$55k..would splurge if a good 90d was up.
75, 85, 90 - RWD or Dual Motor.
Autopilot
Black, Metallic Grey, or Silver...prefer black interior

Would love to find a smoking deal - I'm in Austin, so Dallas/Chicago region are no transport fee.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Don't forget to allow 2+ weeks from deposit to delivery.

Roger that - I knew it would be a bit of a wait.

Prefer around $50-$55k..would splurge if a good 90d was up.
75, 85, 90 - RWD or Dual Motor.
Autopilot
Black, Metallic Grey, or Silver...prefer black interior

Would love to find a smoking deal - I'm in Austin, so Dallas/Chicago region are no transport fee.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Roger that - I knew it would be a bit of a wait.

There's a great site that can help with your search: ev-cpo.com

You can setup alerts with a paid subscription to make it even easier to find what you're looking for.

Seems like Tesla has slowed the discounting down a bit. I imagine the prices will trend back upwards, since the EOQ is here, and they will be switching over to selling as much new inventory as they possibly can. CPO prices may come back down at the beginning of 2019.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Two comments (opinions):
1. AP 2.5 won't be able to support true FSD, in the "Tesla Network" kind of way.
2. You'll own a different car by the time the "Tesla Network" is a real thing.
But here's the thing. Elon himself has stated that if you've purchased a Tesla that supports AP 2.0 and up, they'll retrofit your Tesla to support FSD in the future. So regardless if FSD does or doesn't happen soon, I'll be prepared for future use.

Last edited:
But here's the thing. Elon himself has stated that if you've purchased a Tesla that is AP 2.0 and up, they'll retrofit your Tesla to support FSD in the future. So regardless if it does or doesn't support FSD soon, I'll be prepared for future use.

Yeah, in a 10-year-old tweet by the time that actually happens.

No actual policy or agreement or contract says Tesla will upgrade your hardware.

Elon also promised a Chrome browser and an SDK and cell phone mirroring years ago.

Elon tweets a lot of *sugar* that never happens.

CPO prices are falling because of the end of the quarter. My SA (or OA I don't really know what I should call him) stated so. They moved a bunch of inventory evidently because of how long it took to get me a sales agreement.

My first agreement took 24 hours to get to me, but it had the wrong 10-day payoff. The second agreement took around 6 hours just to revise the payoff amount. So they're clearly busy. Be careful on placing a deposit down sight unseen as others have advised in different threads though.

I looked at 5 or 6 cars before deciding on mine. The 5 or 6 that I looked at were in extremely rough shape. Then I finally found P64074. A 33k mile P85D with every option.

Overall I think I found a unicorn for the level of options and the low price. It is fully loaded and the only cosmetic issue is a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper and a good friend owns a body shop.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image001.png
    image001.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image002.png
    image002.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image003.png
    image003.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image004.png
    image004.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 68
  • image005.png
    image005.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image006.png
    image006.png
    472 KB · Views: 80
  • image007.png
    image007.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image008.png
    image008.png
    496.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image009.png
    image009.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: SD_Engnr
CPO prices are falling because of the end of the quarter. My SA (or OA I don't really know what I should call him) stated so. They moved a bunch of inventory evidently because of how long it took to get me a sales agreement.

My first agreement took 24 hours to get to me, but it had the wrong 10-day payoff. The second agreement took around 6 hours just to revise the payoff amount. So they're clearly busy. Be careful on placing a deposit down sight unseen as others have advised in different threads though.

I looked at 5 or 6 cars before deciding on mine. The 5 or 6 that I looked at were in extremely rough shape. Then I finally found P64074. A 33k mile P85D with every option.

Overall I think I found a unicorn for the level of options and the low price. It is fully loaded and the only cosmetic issue is a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper and a good friend owns a body shop.
Nice deal

So I was asked via PM to share some of the ones to stay away from and I thought I'd do the same so everyone can avoid these cars:

109397 - This one was a bit out of my budget, but there is pretty bad curb rash on the rim and front air dam. There's also a dent in the door. 109397

P76128 - Driver's seat has the leather worn off, captain's chairs in the rear (seats cannot fold flat), puncture through the rear bumper, and curb rash on the rims.
P76128

There is another one that is Pearl White with Dark 21" turbines that is in very bad shape. I cannot find the VIN, but here are the pictures.

That's all I have record of.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image003.png
    image003.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image010.png
    image010.png
    589.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image017.png
    image017.png
    601 KB · Views: 64
  • image018.png
    image018.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image019.png
    image019.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image020.png
    image020.png
    462.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image021.png
    image021.png
    332.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image022.png
    image022.png
    550.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image023.png
    image023.png
    248 KB · Views: 61
  • Helpful
Reactions: mambro
question - if your cpo is out of your area, can you pick it up at its location to avoid shipping fee?

also, can you let me know how the online process works...

1. reserve w/$1k
2. Pay car balance or further deposit?
3. any idea if you can apply a M3 deposit to your purchase?
4. can you reserve and wait for photos? what if you don't like it? is $1k transferrable or refundable?

Thanks
Jamie

Reactions: Brutaka