TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by deaddog, Jun 14, 2018.

1. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

No CPO prices changed overnight after almost all of them changing daily for the last month. I hope it was just for one day and they continue to keep dropping them daily.

2. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Good deals to be had now. There is a 85d with low miles for $57k

3. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Still not low enough to pull the trigger. I think there is still more room for the 85D to go down soon.

AWD-P Model 3 + new EAP/"FSD" features coming, and in October we'll start seeing a boatload of lease returns with AP2.0.

Patience is a virtue!

4. MarkLy

MarkLy Member

There was a CPO 2015 P85D with 13K miles sold last week for $58.5K. My guess is the next big dump of cars will be in a few weeks which will lead to a few more buying opportunities.

5. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Why October? Aren't most leases 3 years?

6. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

This is a solid deal. Much better than 85D for 57! As I said, 85D needs to be 50K or below to make sense.

Tesla launched a 2-year lease program in August 2016.

7. durniljr

durniljr Member

If anyone is seeing deals - please share/DM me, I'm in a pinch and need to buy this week/weekend. I REALLY appreciate it, thanks so much!

Jamie

8. cellphonechris

Don't forget to allow 2+ weeks from deposit to delivery.

9. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

What are you looking for?

10. durniljr

durniljr Member

Prefer around $50-$55k..would splurge if a good 90d was up.
    75, 85, 90 - RWD or Dual Motor.
    Autopilot
    Black, Metallic Grey, or Silver...prefer black interior

Would love to find a smoking deal - I'm in Austin, so Dallas/Chicago region are no transport fee.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Roger that - I knew it would be a bit of a wait.

11. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

There's a great site that can help with your search: ev-cpo.com

You can setup alerts with a paid subscription to make it even easier to find what you're looking for.

Seems like Tesla has slowed the discounting down a bit. I imagine the prices will trend back upwards, since the EOQ is here, and they will be switching over to selling as much new inventory as they possibly can. CPO prices may come back down at the beginning of 2019.

• Like x 1
  12. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

Not if you prefer the looks. I personally would prefer a Model S over a Model 3 any day.

13. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

#93 Brutaka, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    But here's the thing. Elon himself has stated that if you've purchased a Tesla that supports AP 2.0 and up, they'll retrofit your Tesla to support FSD in the future. So regardless if FSD does or doesn't happen soon, I'll be prepared for future use.

14. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Not to mention rear legroom

• Like x 1
  15. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yeah, in a 10-year-old tweet by the time that actually happens.

No actual policy or agreement or contract says Tesla will upgrade your hardware.

Elon also promised a Chrome browser and an SDK and cell phone mirroring years ago.

Elon tweets a lot of *sugar* that never happens.

16. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

Shhh don't jinx it.

17. Cobra281

Cobra281 Member

CPO prices are falling because of the end of the quarter. My SA (or OA I don't really know what I should call him) stated so. They moved a bunch of inventory evidently because of how long it took to get me a sales agreement.

My first agreement took 24 hours to get to me, but it had the wrong 10-day payoff. The second agreement took around 6 hours just to revise the payoff amount. So they're clearly busy. Be careful on placing a deposit down sight unseen as others have advised in different threads though.

I looked at 5 or 6 cars before deciding on mine. The 5 or 6 that I looked at were in extremely rough shape. Then I finally found P64074. A 33k mile P85D with every option.

Overall I think I found a unicorn for the level of options and the low price. It is fully loaded and the only cosmetic issue is a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper and a good friend owns a body shop.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  18. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Nice deal

19. Cobra281

Cobra281 Member

So I was asked via PM to share some of the ones to stay away from and I thought I'd do the same so everyone can avoid these cars:

109397 - This one was a bit out of my budget, but there is pretty bad curb rash on the rim and front air dam. There's also a dent in the door. 109397

P76128 - Driver's seat has the leather worn off, captain's chairs in the rear (seats cannot fold flat), puncture through the rear bumper, and curb rash on the rims.
    P76128

There is another one that is Pearl White with Dark 21" turbines that is in very bad shape. I cannot find the VIN, but here are the pictures.

That's all I have record of.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  20. durniljr

durniljr Member

question - if your cpo is out of your area, can you pick it up at its location to avoid shipping fee?

also, can you let me know how the online process works...

1. reserve w/$1k
    2. Pay car balance or further deposit?
    3. any idea if you can apply a M3 deposit to your purchase?
    4. can you reserve and wait for photos? what if you don't like it? is $1k transferrable or refundable?

Thanks
    Jamie

• Like x 1