Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone else like to provide some helpful input?

$60k for a car with no autopilot is a little steep. Otherwise car is pretty loaded. However, based on the 10/14 manufacturing date, it probably has AP1 but since it just was released in September 2014, it did not show up in the listed options. My car VIN is only a few 100 less than yours and it has AP1 but it was not listed with Autopilot when I bought it as a CPO. If the car has AP1, it is a good deal. Ask your advisor to confirm.

2014 Tesla P85+ (CPO)

Last edited:
They're lowering the price due to the Model 3. Mainly because it features newer components (AP2.5) that'll make the Model S hard to catch up. So they have to lower the price on their CPOs. What I've been noticing is seeing some 2015 60D, 70D, and 85D with a lot of premium features, including AP1 that cost 50k

I was thinking about it but then I realized that I won't buy a Tesla unless it supports AP2.5, otherwise it'll kinda be a waste of money on my end. I plan to be using the Tesla Network to make a bit of income while I'm work. It may not be soon but it's better to be prepared for something like this than to put 50k down on a vehicle that isn't gonna make me any money in the long run.

Reactions: ATCDee
Wow.

Model 3 configuration changes now allows you to configure a "bare bones" performance 3 for $69k before incentives which includes eap. I was considering a p85d for mid 60s but that price for a new model 3 is going to be verrry tempting. Another 2.5k for a color and white seats and we're still at 64k after tax incentive.

This has to significantly affect cpo pricing.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
This has to significantly affect cpo pricing.
Bring it on! I was looking at 2 CPO/Used 2013 P85+ (that are now both gone over the weekend) at $48.2k and $47.8k and gave the "heads up" to a local used car dealer that, with respect, their P85 for $52k was more than I could get from Tesla directly with a warranty. So yes, PLEASE, Tesla release the Kraken and get some reasonable (lol) priced Model S 85's in TX! ;)

Reactions: DanCar
I was thinking about it but then I realized that I won't buy a Tesla unless it supports AP2.5, otherwise it'll kinda be a waste of money on my end. I plan to be using the Tesla Network to make a bit of income while I'm work. It may not be soon but it's better to be prepared for something like this than to put 50k down on a vehicle that isn't gonna make me any money in the long run.

Two comments (opinions):
1. AP 2.5 won't be able to support true FSD, in the "Tesla Network" kind of way.
2. You'll own a different car by the time the "Tesla Network" is a real thing.