Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on CPOs - market status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all for sharing the pictures. This is way to do it, we get all the pictures of each car socialized. Seems to be a lot of inventory moving through these days.

Suggestion is to please post the full VIN with the dropbox picture links (and current price!) It is much easier to google the full VIN and get all the options as well as the link to Tesla site.

For my part, I just got these P85D pictures but apparently the car has been sold already for $61.8k: P76875
Full VIN: 5YJSA1H21FFP76875

Reactions: SD_Engnr
question - if your cpo is out of your area, can you pick it up at its location to avoid shipping fee?

Maybe. Depends on the state. I am from NH where there is no sales tax but picking up in MA was not an option unless I wanted to pay the 6% sales tax. Tesla has to load the car on a trailer and drop it off at my house.

This all makes zero sense because tax should be collected where the vehicle is registered, but I digress. Ask your SA.

CPO prices are falling because of the end of the quarter. My SA (or OA I don't really know what I should call him) stated so. They moved a bunch of inventory evidently because of how long it took to get me a sales agreement.

My first agreement took 24 hours to get to me, but it had the wrong 10-day payoff. The second agreement took around 6 hours just to revise the payoff amount. So they're clearly busy. Be careful on placing a deposit down sight unseen as others have advised in different threads though.

I looked at 5 or 6 cars before deciding on mine. The 5 or 6 that I looked at were in extremely rough shape. Then I finally found P64074. A 33k mile P85D with every option.

Overall I think I found a unicorn for the level of options and the low price. It is fully loaded and the only cosmetic issue is a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper and a good friend owns a body shop.

Do they repair the dents and such? I thought they fix stuff like that through the CPO process?

question - if your cpo is out of your area, can you pick it up at its location to avoid shipping fee?

also, can you let me know how the online process works...

1. reserve w/$1k
2. Pay car balance or further deposit?
3. any idea if you can apply a M3 deposit to your purchase?
4. can you reserve and wait for photos? what if you don't like it? is $1k transferrable or refundable?

Thanks
Jamie
I too would like to know. My biggest question is if I were to put a 1k deposit down, how much more of a down payment can/must I put down before anything else?

Thanks all for sharing the pictures. This is way to do it, we get all the pictures of each car socialized. Seems to be a lot of inventory moving through these days.

Suggestion is to please post the full VIN with the dropbox picture links (and current price!) It is much easier to google the full VIN and get all the options as well as the link to Tesla site.

For my part, I just got these P85D pictures but apparently the car has been sold already for $61.8k: P76875
Full VIN: 5YJSA1H21FFP76875

who are you getting these pics from - i asked for a call back on several cars and nothing, then i called and they said they aren't taking calls...any thoughts?

I rejected 3 cars before I landed on my current P85D. Tesla is not doing anything to them during the CPO process. They are barely cleaning them. I was lucky to find a car that still qualified and was refurbished. The new CPO program is awful and I will not buy another CPO from Tesla.

My car which I am selling because we ordered an X has fully been refurnished with a new drivers seat and new tires. It looks brand new except for a rock chip on one of the mirrors.

Any one interested it's listed on Portland's craigslist and cars.com. Their will be no surprises and no headaches for he buyer and it comes with a 4 year 50K mile warranty.

Our X arrives in August so looking to sell whenever.

1. reserve w/$1k
4. can you reserve and wait for photos? what if you don't like it? is $1k transferrable or refundable?

Thanks
Jamie
Yes you can pickup the car to avoid the shipping fee.

If you drop the $1,000, you have 72 hours to select a car from Tesla or the grand is lost.

1. reserve w/$1k

Thanks
Jamie

1. Yes
2. Yes, or obtain financing prior to delivery
3. Yes
4. Yes. If you change your mind or don't approve of the vehicle's condition, you can apply it to another vehicle or wait up to 3 weeks for a refund.

*NOTE - Vehicle transport fees are NOT refundable!

I too would like to know. My biggest question is if I were to put a 1k deposit down, how much more of a down payment can/must I put down before anything else?
The $1,000 is all you have to put down to reserve the car. You'll have 72 hours to view and continue buying that car, or move your deposit to another car. If you miss the 72 hour window, you've forfeited your money. (At least legally, IDK if they will be firm on that rule or not if you're still in talks with the SA)

who are you getting these pics from - i asked for a call back on several cars and nothing, then i called and they said they aren't taking calls...any thoughts?
I requested a call back and I received one about 2 hours later. This was on Tuesday though. Maybe the SAs are off on the weekends.

Would I have to go to Tesla to claim the remaining warranty or obtain a new one?
If you buy a car from a dealer that is NOT Tesla you cannot get an extended warranty. If you buy the car from a private party, you get whatever remaining warranty is on the car. If it is the manufacturer's original warranty and the car is still in warranty, you can buy an extended warranty from Tesla. If the car was already a CPO with an extended warranty, you'll have the remaining balance of warranty.

Looking into a P85D. Any thoughts what is a good price? Ideal car would have next gen seats and sunroof.

Also is there a big difference in build quality between a 2014 vs 2015 P85D?
I just bought a very clean 14 P85D fully loaded with 33k miles for $62,900. This was from Tesla and included a warranty for another 50k miles and 4 years from when I take delivery.

There is no difference between 2014 and 2015 cars as Tesla does not use normal year model naming conventions. There may be some mid production cycle changes that are are desirable though.

I requested a call back and I received one about 2 hours later. This was on Tuesday though. Maybe the SAs are off on the weekends.

If you buy a car from a dealer that is NOT Tesla you cannot get an extended warranty. If you buy the car from a private party, you get whatever remaining warranty is on the car. If it is the manufacturer's original warranty and the car is still in warranty, you can buy an extended warranty from Tesla. If the car was already a CPO with an extended warranty, you'll have the remaining balance of warranty.
What's an SA?

So what if I see a Model S that has 20k miles on it from a dealer. Does that mean I have the remaining 30k miles for bumper to bumper? Or can I have Tesla certify it and give me a 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty? Will the 8 year power train and battery be affected as well?

What's an SA?

So what if I see a Model S that has 20k miles on it from a dealer. Does that mean I have the remaining 30k miles for bumper to bumper? Or can I have Tesla certify it and give me a 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty? Will the 8 year power train and battery be affected as well?
SA (Sales Advisor)

You have the remaining 30k of warranty. If you want to extend the warranty by another 50k and 4 years (whatever comes first) you'll have to buy from a private party of Tesla directly.

The 8 year unlimited battery and power train warranty is not changed.

• Informative
Reactions: Brutaka