Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an update from Tesla service on this topic.
We have performed an initial investigation into your Energy App concern. Software update 2023.6.8 which you recently installed contained significant updates and reworks to the Energy App. The miscalculations you see are likely due to the older algorithms being overwritten by the update. As you continue to drive, these should smooth out and become more accurate. My suggestion is we keep this appointment open over the weekend to allow additional time to test. If you still notice large discrepancys occuring we can investigate further, If the behavior improves then we can close the investigation. Kind regards, xxx - Tesla Service.

So, this sounds positive but I do not plan any long trip this weekend in order to validate this but only later on next week. I will definitely keep an eye on this and provide an update here on this topic.

I hope this helps people that experience the same issue and come across this page.
I drove today a bit over 300Km plus a short trip of 10Km and the consumption shown in the energy app is on par with the card/trip. So, the re-update that was pushed by Tesla to the car seem to have solved the issue in my case. Maybe re-updating from Service Menu is not a good idea because maybe something was wrong with that software image so best ask service to push the update once again to your car or wait for another update version to come up (I see new one coming up) if you are not bothered much about this.

Attachments

• B65A6CBC-ABEE-4AC4-AEA3-8BF0D3809C25.jpeg
    B65A6CBC-ABEE-4AC4-AEA3-8BF0D3809C25.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 160
  • Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I tried the same (re-installing the same 2023.6.8 by Service Mode on the screen) . There is a button on Service Mode that allow you to reinstall the current update version.
Nothing changed
See my last post, maybe updating from Service Menu is not a good idea. Ask Service to push the image again to your car or wait for 2023.6.9 which will come soon - hoping it will solve the issue.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I drove today a bit over 300Km plus a short trip of 10Km and the consumption shown in the energy app is on par with the card/trip. So, the re-update that was pushed by Tesla to the car seem to have solved the issue in my case. Maybe re-updating from Service Menu is not a good idea because maybe something was wrong with that software image so best ask service to push the update once again to your car or wait for another update version to come up (I see new one coming up) if you are not bothered much about this.
Interesting! I guess it was not 💩! I wonder what was wrong with the original update and whether it was actually the same update you received subsequently.

Same issue with my 1 month old RWD. I am taking my first road trip this week and I am wondering if this will mess up the navigation to superchargers. I put in the route today and it seemed to think I had to stop much earlier than I should.

Has anyone gone on a road trip with this issue? Does it route you correctly based on the trip cards or does the energy graph determine when it thinks you need to charge?

Same issue with my 1 month old RWD. I am taking my first road trip this week and I am wondering if this will mess up the navigation to superchargers. I put in the route today and it seemed to think I had to stop much earlier than I should.

Has anyone gone on a road trip with this issue? Does it route you correctly based on the trip cards or does the energy graph determine when it thinks you need to charge?
I went on a long trip this weekend and no issue with the route planner (I did not used Tesla Supercharger network).