Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 217 Delivered

Here's a photo that Cathy's mom snapped with her phone before we had to put the Roadster in the garage in favor of our roomier RAV4-EV.

TeslaDelivered2.jpg

Alexander Pulver (Tesla Regional Sales Manager Northwest) and Carl Medlock (Tesla Seattle Service Manager) were awesome and managed to get the car to us yesterday within the narrow window we had during a very busy day, despite some last minute surprises. (The exterior got coated in styrofoam shreddies during the trip up from Menlo Park, but Carl had it spotless before we saw it.) Tesla is fortunate to start the Seattle store staff with two amazing guys who clearly love what they do. Things were so busy we were only able to squeeze in a quick four-mile drive yesterday.

Today I took it to the Mariners game with Cathy's dad and had a blast driving it. Even after a number of test drives, it's still surprising what a joy it is to drive such an awesome car. I'm slowly getting past the newness, and the fear that VFX described.

Thanks to Martin Eberhard for having an amazing dream and putting it into motion, the engineers at Tesla for perfecting the design, and the CA and WA sales and service staff for taking such good care of us.

Congratulations, Tom & Cathy!

I'm very happy to see the two of you finally in your own Tesla! Please keep us posted on your experiences as new owners. If you're like me, it'll be a bit unnerving to have so many eyes on you when you're driving around in it.

Great news!

Getting the car now is a bit of a spanking for Tom from Elon but I guess all in forgiven now, (or they just wanted to clean out the 2008 books).
Either way, I am muy happy for Tom and Cathy.

Hear's hoping he drives silently and continues to post loudly.

I wonder where the car has been sitting since February?

So is anyone going to be in the Menlo Park store anytime soon? I just got an e-mail saying that my 2010 is there for final assembly. It's an Electric Blue #516. Would love to see a picture of my baby in the nursery :)

I also got the final bill...CA registration is now $1,450... ouch.

James,
this is what I wanted to hear :wink:
I am happy for you, but this also means that for us european signature editions (all including at least executive leather), production might also start with that date.
Do you have a suggested US delivery date?

James,
this is what I wanted to hear :wink:
I am happy for you, but this also means that for us european signature editions (all including at least executive leather), production might also start with that date.
Do you have a suggested US delivery date?

30 to 35 days after start of production.
There is an owners spreadsheet on the TM forum where everyone is entering their data. So you can see when most people had their inital order date, production start date and delivery date.

Most deliveries are between 30 to 45 days after start of production.
Someone at Tesla told me the fastest ever was 17 days.

Last edited:
No, Tesla has established some "shadow team" in Hethel.
European cars will be fully fitted with all things (Battery, PEM, etc.) in Hethel, including the final quality checks, etc., and then be directly shipped to the european destinations. From entering production, it was reported that this is around 3 to 4 weeks in total.
This would have been one possibility that european 2010s or Sports "overtake" US orders based on the customer delivery date, as there is no 6 weeks shipping period over the pond. But as long as Tesla continues flying the gliders to the US, its not.

SirGiles Congrats!

#506 at the end of the month seems like a long delay from #500 being delivered at the beginning of the month. I know it's a model year changeover to 2010 with new interior etc. but does the car also have to be trucked out of California?

Looks like gray seats.

Hi,

It does seem a long time. I will assume they produce them out of numerical order.
They did mention they wanted to do further tests because of the new year design changes.

Not sure what the changes are apart from the cockpit design, Will post when she arrives.

If anybody knows what the changes are please post details.

Quick question for #516..... When will yours arrive..... They were most helpful when I requested progress pictures.

Last edited:
#506 at the end of the month seems like a long delay from #500 being delivered at the beginning of the month. I know it's a model year changeover to 2010 with new interior etc.

#553 is projected for delivery in early July.

I was told by my Tesla rep that the first 10-20 Roadsters of 2010 model year are going to be slow while they get everything reconfigured, then they will be back on pace at 20-25 per week.

#553 is projected for delivery in early July.

Hmm. I'm wondering how they'll get me my #695 by the end of July as expected. It's supposed to begin production in Hethel in 2 weeks.

Unless... my 695 means something different than what #553 represents. I got 695 by taking my order number 722 (which Tesla gave me) and subtracting the non-production cars. Is there more that I need to subtract out? That order number / production number / VIN translation has always confused me.

I was just told that my Roadster (#690) goes into production later this week. That would put me back to my expected August 1st delivery date ( I had moved that to the end of August after I was told production might push to the first week of July). There are always the possibilities of complications, due to specific options or just during qulaity control of each car, but otherwise it seems that 40 days after prod start is a reasonable expectation for delivery, plus I add another 5 days for us midwesterners/east coasters.