Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At one point there was some discussion of sending gliders by boat, but then I recall hearing that the costs savings weren't really worth the extra delay.
When I visited the dealer we were talking about buying a Tesla-space car vs ordering and the subject of transportation came up. I asked how air-freighting the cars fit in with their "green" aesthetic. The salesperson told me they only use partially full planes. It not only helps them get better prices but it's green because the planes were going to fly anyway. But it does have the downside that they don't always know the exact dates when the cars will fly.

It's funny, everyone said, "Take a lot of pictures." I took 6. In this order: 1) hey the truck!, 2) look the truck is pulling in, 3) the truck is next to my work building, 4) the truck driver is riding up the elevator to the car, 5) the truck driver is in my Tesla, 6) The driver is bringing my Tesla down to me.

Then for some strange reason, all photographs stopped, and there hasn't been another picture taken of my car since. Funny how that happens...

IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1098.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
IMG_1101.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg

Any status updates showing build progress on numbers over 1100? My car (1124) still shows scheduled for build although a week ago myTtesla contacts said it looked like I was on schedule for the car to be leaving Menlo Park by 11/22. Seems like it should be "in the paint factory" or something soon....

This waiting gets to be a form of torture :).

Last edited:
Any status updates showing build progress on numbers over 1100? My car (1124) still shows scheduled for build although a week ago myTtesla contacts said it looked like I was on schedule for the car to be leaving Menlo Park by 11/22. Seems like it should be "in the paint factory" or something soon....

This waiting gets to be a form of torture :).
My status still shows that mine (1094) is still in transit to final delivery, but my Customer advocate told me last week that it had already arrived and was in the final stages of drive train installation. They apparently don't update the website on a frequent basis.

I was notified by email yesterday that #1124 has now begun production in the paint factory. I suspect that means I'm looking at early December for delivery to Seattle. The website has not been updated yet -- it still shows my car as "scheduled for build".

Thanks for the update jason...I didn't realize that email updates were sent out.

I'm 13 places behind you...still scheduled for build, but no emails yet...I think the 10 week approximation for delivery (from order date) might be slipping a bit...right now, I'm hoping for no later than the end of December.

I'm travelling home from a trip in Asia, when I get phone call on one of my airport lay overs that my roadster is at my office waiting for me to receive it. I won't be home until tomorrow afternoon and am now more anxious to get home. The driver of the shipping company is overnighting at my office so I can go directly there from the airport. I hate waiting in airports!

I was notified by email yesterday that #1124 has now begun production in the paint factory. I suspect that means I'm looking at early December for delivery to Seattle. The website has not been updated yet -- it still shows my car as "scheduled for build".

Nov 4 email update - factory 2 - chasis factory. Website still shows "scheduled to build". Sure would like a technology focused company to get the website linked up to the rest of their systems. But I do appreciate the email updates!!