Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Halt on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.

LOl.
Or the only new billion dollar auto maker to succeed in the last hundred years, actually knows what their doing, and there just might be circumstances, and obstacles, you “who doesn’t run a billion dollar auto manufacturer” don’t understand.

But who knows, maybe you’re right and they’ve gotten their paradigm, all wrong, thus far and are just lucky amateurs..

Out of curiosity, what paradigm do you suggest for their distribution and production. ?
I’m sure Tesla would love to hear the right way.

Ordered a 7 seater, east coast, about 4 weeks ago and yesterday for the first time I had an estimated delivery of April 23-May 10. Today when I logged in to my account it's gone.
I have a 5-seater LR on order to the east coast as well. I too had the April 23-May 10 estimated delivery disappear two days ago, but then yesterday it displayed an estimated delivery of April 24-May 6 and that estimate is still there.

Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.
Agree- GM just shuttered another plant. They’ve been around awhile. But not for long. Sandy Munro gives a pretty damning analysis of the big 3 approach to EVs and why they aren’t long for this world.

LOl.
Or the only new billion dollar auto maker to succeed in the last hundred years, actually knows what their doing, and there just might be circumstances, and obstacles, you “who doesn’t run a billion dollar auto manufacturer” don’t understand.

But who knows, maybe you’re right and they’ve gotten their paradigm, all wrong, thus far and are just lucky amateurs..

Out of curiosity, what paradigm do you suggest for their distribution and production. ?
I’m sure Tesla would love to hear the right way.
No reason to cry about it. Just a simple and valid observation. Sorry if it went over your head and/or hurt your feelings.

MY Performance back exterior white interior pushed from April 23 - May 10th to May 16th - June 05th.

That’s a heck of a push but still within the 1-10 week estimate from order date of March 31st. I guess in sold my car too soon haha.

Wasn't there talk recently about Tesla setting up an initial Cybertruck assembly line at Fremont?

I ordered MY LR MSM around April 1st. Started out with the 1-10 week wording - then shifted to specific date range starting with April 17th - May 5th - then that changed and shifted out about 5-7 days and stayed that way until yesterday - when it shifted back to 1-10 week wording...so no telling what all this means if anything. Not going to get too worried about it until a VIN gets assigned - probably at least a month out is my guess - perhaps more.

I'm certain that Tesla is using old chip technology.

Automotive quality requirements favor older, well-tested fabrication processes. And most automotive chips are quite simple.There are a few chips that are close to state-of-the-art, but most are doing mundane tasks that were easily done two decades ago. It doesn't take a lot of complexity to switch LEDs, control motors or manage batteries.
What I also read was that last year a bunch of automotive non-Tesla companies severed contracts due to covid, meanwhile it was business as usual for Tesla. The producers of these chips had to completely stop, fire, etc.their pipelines. Tesla was growing as usual so no shortage on their end.

The computer industry was also able to absorb some of the shortages they've had on their end (due to crypto and natural video card demand). I have doubt chip shortages is affecting Tesla anymore than battery or Gigafactory Berlin progress is.

My delivery date is no longer showing up on the site...but my order is still incorrect (they have me down for a 5-seater now instead of the 7) left another voicemail with my sales advisor yesterday (previously left voicemails on April 2nd, March 27th, and March 25t trying to fix it....)