Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Halt on Model Y?

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
Newark
Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard something similar?

DonaldBecker

Aug 24, 2020
Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard something similar?

That's not impossible, but it would be extraordinary. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, especially when rumors like that can move the stock price on a heavily shorted stock.

Anndybo

Feb 7, 2020
IL
Well, first month of each quarter they prioritize production of Model 3 for overseas so they can deliver them before the end of the quarter. It can be that case. But total halt of production sound weird.

Reactions: Big Earl and brkaus

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.

@z335is not sure if you've been following any general automotive or tech sector news lately, but there is a global semiconductor shortage that is affecting virtually every automotive and tech manufacturer in varying degrees over the past few months and for the forseeable future. Telsa is not alone in this issue, and other car markers have had temporary shutdowns recently due to parts shortages; I'm certain there will be more.

My point being: yes their production and distribution has some issues (though remember they're still a relatively young company compared to other car makers) but in this case it's not really their fault, and you're about as likely to experience the same type of delays even if you jump ship.

burn1010

May 26, 2020
NY
Ordered a 7 seater, east coast, about 4 weeks ago and yesterday for the first time I had an estimated delivery of April 23-May 10. Today when I logged in to my account it's gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up

cusetownusa

Jan 29, 2020
Syracuse NY
Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.

lol, what do you mean by this? Every manufacturer has announced productions halts due to chip shortages...does this mean you will boycott every brand because they have to stop production for a short period of time?

Reactions: SO16

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC