Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pulled over driving Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything over 25 MPH gets your license suspended here in KY. I am keenly aware of this number and make sure to never exceed it... It can be easy to hit 80 in a 55 if you aren't paying attention.

My Audi A4 has a user-settable warning alarm (set mine at 85 mph, for 65 limit highways). Does the Model S have this? Would be very useful...

Nearly any car can go fast. The benefit of the Model S is that you can accelerate very quickly while staying within the speed limit. My AMG does the same thing, (with a lot more noise, exhaust, and gas), and I've yet be stopped for speeding in it.

Make it a habit of guessing the speed limit of the street you're on and then checking if you're accurate when you see a sign. It won't take long and you'll start intuiting the limit automatically. Note that in most jurisdictions, the yellow speed signs are "advisory" only. So when you're driving the twisty-turnies, you can keep to the main speed limit and have some fun!

Nearly any car can go fast. The benefit of the Model S is that you can accelerate very quickly while staying within the speed limit. My AMG does the same thing, (with a lot more noise, exhaust, and gas), and I've yet be stopped for speeding in it.

Make it a habit of guessing the speed limit of the street you're on and then checking if you're accurate when you see a sign. It won't take long and you'll start intuiting the limit automatically. Note that in most jurisdictions, the yellow speed signs are "advisory" only. So when you're driving the twisty-turnies, you can keep to the main speed limit and have some fun!
How? There's no warning is there? Or governor.

What would be nice ... my UK car has GPS in it. And it knows the speed limit where you're driving and puts a euro style icon on screen. When you exceed it, it flashes and I think makes a noise. Not a high end car! (Mitsubishi).
Like this ...
Garmin nuvi 2310 In-Car Sat Nav GPS with FREE DELIVERY

How? There's no warning is there? Or governor.

My car doesn't have a warning or governor either, but I can certainly tell whether I'm speeding or not without looking at the speedometer. Of course, I've been driving for over 30 years, so that might have something to do with it.

Like I said, you can speed up, (so to speak), the learning curve by making a game out of guessing your speed and guessing the current speed limit before looking.

Took delivery of my S/Blue/85/Tech/Air/Sound/19 at 1pm and was pulled over on mile 4 at 2pm! Driving with no plates, which is how Teslas are delivered in Mass. - they get their initial registration in Cali, and then we transfer. The lack of plates, though, is unfamiliar to the State Troopers so he lit me up. But let me go after a nice chat and a sweeping up and down look at the car!

Welcome to the forum.

Took delivery of my S/Blue/85/Tech/Air/Sound/19 at 1pm and was pulled over on mile 4 at 2pm! Driving with no plates, which is how Teslas are delivered in Mass. - they get their initial registration in Cali, and then we transfer. The lack of plates, though, is unfamiliar to the State Troopers so he lit me up. But let me go after a nice chat and a sweeping up and down look at the car!
Good thing you had the bodies in the frunk! They never think to look there.

Welcome to the forum.

Good thing you had the bodies in the frunk! They never think to look there.
And Elon Musk has proven you can easily fit atleast one body in there. :)

During my testdrive my friend in the backseat said I hit 140km/h on the highway for a few seconds, and I wasn't even flooring it. So in Norway the S85P is really dangerous. It seems if I get caught in 160km/h on our highways that have a 90km/h limit the punishment is pretty severe. Loss of license at least 12 months usually 18 months. A fine at least $1500 and proper jailtime for a few months. So I better be very carefull when I get the car as it's really easy to be speeding.

Cobos

Came mighty close yesterday to joining the unfortunate folks on this thread. Started speeding up after going through the 84 bridge toll plaza and was quickly at 70 in a 55 zone. Glanced in the rear view mirror to see a chip (CHP on a bike) less than a quarter mile behind and my heart sank!

Thank goodness for the strong regen and the fact that he may not have gotten a reading on me yet (he appeared to be fiddling with something on his bike dash - maybe, the LIDAR gun?!). He passed me on the right, shot a quick glance and rode away. Phew!