Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PUP VIN 5XXX, delay or accept?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue PUP with FSD

Ordered this past Monday (6/22), already got delivery appt notice for Sunday (6/27) in NYC.

I am leaning towards delay b/c:

a) This probably is a previous rejection (which may or may not have all it's issues rectified)
b) insulation on heat pump may not have been installed?
c) Wasn't expecting this fast of a turnaround (don't have financing or insurance lined up yet, haven't owned a car in 7 years, though not worried, 800+ score and no moving violations in >5 years)

Thoughts? Anyone else in this VIN range?

Blue PUP with FSD

Ordered this past Monday (6/22), already got delivery appt notice for Sunday (6/27) in NYC.

a) This probably is a previous rejection (which may or may not have all it's issues rectified)
c) Wasn't expecting this fast of a turnaround (don't have financing or insurance lined up yet, haven't owned a car in 7 years, though not worried, 800+ score and no moving violations in >5 years)

not necessarily it is probably that they start stocking them in the east coast and the want to deliver before the end of the qtr go have a look if you see issues reject it you can also ask your sales on the phone what day it came off the line i am from brooklyn have it for 3 weeks already vin 15xx

• Helpful
Reactions: jazz290
Blue PUP with FSD

also dont know if mine has the cover for the HP or not and dont really care since i cant hear it

Blue PUP with FSD

Look what the Tesla community did to you, all fearful of VIN's before you even had a chance to look at it yourself. You seem to already made up your mind to reject at this point. Save yourself the trip..

Haha,they all have issues according to this article. I personally had couple issues, but to be fair, none of them are major. it does get annoying that I have to go back every couple weeks for them to fix something small. I say go for it. Insurance is easy. Car Loan can be fast, but might be a little tight since it's Wednesday already. You will need a check by Saturday. if you are getting a loan at a local bank, you should be able to get a check at the branch. If online, they will have to mail you the check, that can delay the process.

Tesla ranks lowest on J.D. Power 2020 quality study, 250 problems per 100 cars - Electrek