Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased Inventory 75 RWD!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla to see what they had in inventory, and they told me that if I want to wait just a bit, they have a few 75 (non-D's) being built still and I could have one right off the line. They had one very close to the configuration I wanted and so I bought it. I should have it on the 18th of December. I just could not justify an extra $5K for an extra motor. I read too many reviews and documents saying the extra motor does not make that big of a difference unless its a performance edition.

I am so crazy to keep this car in the best shape I can, I am even having a guy bring his truck and trailer to the service/delivery center... just so he can drive it to the place where I am going to get the front of the car wrapped.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Took delivery yesterday! I am in absolute awe of how fast and smooth this car is. It is nothing like I have ever owned or driven before. And the icing on the cake -- I received my first software update this morning! Its probably nothing but still real cool to see an update this soon.

I already installed a stock aftermarket spoiler last night and today I'm off to get tints. Now I just need to convince my wife we need to go on a road trip.

View attachment 265098
Congrats! Beautiful car... my Model S was black and looked so amazing when clean! Make sure you check out the Texas Tesla Owners Club!

Home

Sounds reasonable to me man! :D Where are you going to get it wrapped if you don't mind me asking?
Aww, you think I am a Man!!! LOL (Just giving you a hard time... I am sure there are not many Women on the forums)

So it has been about six months of research and I chose 3M Scotchgard Pro film Vs all the others. One video alone did it for me...

This one

I was going to go with the best Xpel, but fond this to be overall the best and they say that Xpel is the old stuff too.

Houston only has one certified installer for both the tint I want and protection film. Do to the crazy cost of this stuff, I may just get the front wrapped only, and get the rest of it coated.

The place I am going is Midtown Motor Trends ... here is their link Midtown Motor Trends | Hand Car Wash | Detail | Window Tint

They do Teslas all the time.

Aww, you think I am a Man!!! LOL (Just giving you a hard time... I am sure there are not many Women on the forums)

So it has been about six months of research and I chose 3M Scotchgard Pro film Vs all the others. One video alone did it for me...

This one

I was going to go with the best Xpel, but fond this to be overall the best and they say that Xpel is the old stuff too.

Houston only has one certified installer for both the tint I want and protection film. Do to the crazy cost of this stuff, I may just get the front wrapped only, and get the rest of it coated.

The place I am going is Midtown Motor Trends ... here is their link Midtown Motor Trends | Hand Car Wash | Detail | Window Tint

This one

@Chrisanne,

Wow! That’s an impressive comparison. I too was going to go with Xpel.....but this is quite a difference. What was the price differential between the Xpel and 3M?

Ski