Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put car on hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Nevada today.
Didn't listen too closely cause I already knew I would be putting off car.
Told them with everything going on to call me back in early May.
I'm in New York and wasn't even sure if I could register it.
Am I the only only doing this?
Red
Awd
19" wheels

South of Buffalo NY, car is being home delivered Sunday. They emailed me the paperwork to fill out, and a Saturday red FedEx shipping label, filled out the paperwork and dropped it off at FedEx this morning. My guess is the car will come with temp tags/reg.

Red
Awd
19" wheels
I got to the stage where a VIN was assigned.. then I canceled. Not a $ issue, but a bandwidth one. Just not a good time to focus and enjoy the fun of getting a new toy, and a don’t really need it now. So, I’ll be back when thing settle down!

Reactions: omegafiler
Did you guys have/had performance model on order?
Red
Awd
19" wheels
Not the only one. I got the same call today. LR AWD, MSM, no-FSD, standard Gemini wheels. Pretty basic spec.

I delayed until there is some sort of official info on a tow hitch. We’ve got time to wait. We’ll make our decision when we hear ”yes or no,” or when our patience runs out.

The current lack of information realistically translates to “no;” hence, our choice to wait for a while.

Reactions: bruce4000
No, you're not alone!
This forum represents a very small percentage of Tesla buyers and many here have waited 12+ months to get their cars so they have had that time to plan/save and are ready to go no matter what. What you see here may not be a true representation of the general population.
I have pushed pause on my MY order by not replying to the "update your info" request on my Tesla order page. I furthermore hope that once things pick up again Tesla will want to show big numbers and will sweeten the pot for us fence-sitters by throwing us some perks (0% financing, free SC for a year or life, etc..). If I lose my place in line, oh well.. it's only a car and I only placed my order last month.

No, you're not alone!
This forum represents a very small percentage of Tesla buyers and many here have waited 12+ months to get their cars so they have had that time to plan/save and are ready to go no matter what. What you see here may not be a true representation of the general population.
I have pushed pause on my MY order by not replying to the "update your info" request on my Tesla order page. I furthermore hope that once things pick up again Tesla will want to show big numbers and will sweeten the pot for us fence-sitters by throwing us some perks (0% financing, free SC for a year or life, etc..). If I lose my place in line, oh well.. it's only a car and I only placed my order last month.

I don’t think you’ll see any sweetheart deals from Tesla, ever. Once this is virus crap is over Tesla will be trying to crank out cars as fast as possible and people will eat them up, especially the RWD Model Y. You might get some free Supercharger miles but that’s chump change. And financing... they can’t even pull great financing for well qualified buyers. US Bank said kick rocks to my wife who has a 820 credit score and one credit card (zero debt)!!! Wells Fargo said sure but not to the whole amount so we went to Navy Fed and got 1.29%!

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
I don’t even have a Y on order but I submitted one of our Teslas to see the trade value would be on a new Performance X. I then received 3 calls from local Tesla with offers of new canceled Model Y’s that are immediately available. Two were Long Range Y’s and one was a Performance Y, all grey. There is currently no wait to get any Tesla if you are willing to take one but some areas might require transportation. I might consider trading in my red/white Performance 3 on a Y if they give enough money but they didn’t want to give nearly enough for our Performance S to downgrade to a Performance Y.

Last edited:
it wasn't the best timing, but i took delivery of mine yesterday. we are working from home and my office will be OK. i haven't posted it on my personal facebook page yet because i agree, not a time to flaunt things. but i've also been at my office 43 years and folks know. i got a few razzes when i got my last car, a beautiful MB e300, blue with AMG looks package and white interior. it was stunning. i think the biggest 'problem' right now is everybody thinks tesla's cost $100+K.

but on the other hand, it has been a great distraction and once the rain stops i'm looking forward to putting on the ceramic coating.

So how does it work if you reserve but don't want delivery until later this year? I want to get a Y for my wife. I think she likes it too, but wants to test drive one before committing. With current situation with C19 and the Fremont factory being shut down, I'm not expecting Y to be available in showrooms for quite a while. At the same time, I'm expecting the FSD price to start increasing with stop sign and traffic light coming out soon.

Long story short, I'd really like to lock in current pricing but likely not take delivery until later this year, maybe as far out as Q4 or even Q1 2021. Would reserving now actually lock in current pricing, or is it based on pricing in effect at the time of delivery? Can I hold a reservation indefinitely without taking delivery?

When I ordered my 3 I was way excited for delivery, so I never even explored the possibility of delaying.

No, the call was to confirm my order, which means I'm about 4-6 weeks out (depending on Fremont production).
So how does it work if you reserve but don't want delivery until later this year? I want to get a Y for my wife. I think she likes it too, but wants to test drive one before committing. With current situation with C19 and the Fremont factory being shut down, I'm not expecting Y to be available in showrooms for quite a while. At the same time, I'm expecting the FSD price to start increasing with stop sign and traffic light coming out soon.

Long story short, I'd really like to lock in current pricing but likely not take delivery until later this year, maybe as far out as Q4 or even Q1 2021. Would reserving now actually lock in current pricing, or is it based on pricing in effect at the time of delivery? Can I hold a reservation indefinitely without taking delivery?

When I ordered my 3 I was way excited for delivery, so I never even explored the possibility of delaying.
Put the $100 deposit down and pick everything you want, if they call to tell you it's ready to deliver you can defer for up to a year. Simple as that.

it wasn't the best timing, but i took delivery of mine yesterday. we are working from home and my office will be OK. i haven't posted it on my personal facebook page yet because i agree, not a time to flaunt things. but i've also been at my office 43 years and folks know. i got a few razzes when i got my last car, a beautiful MB e300, blue with AMG looks package and white interior. it was stunning. i think the biggest 'problem' right now is everybody thinks tesla's cost $100+K.

but on the other hand, it has been a great distraction and once the rain stops i'm looking forward to putting on the ceramic coating.

Screw’em if they can’t “handle it”. Just because you’re doing well with your own personal finances enough to buy a car WHENEVER you want doesn’t mean they should throw shade at you. If they want to match dollar to dollar donations to XYZ coronavirus charity lets do it...doubt you’ll get many takers.

We said YOLO and took out the loan as we had planned (albeit more than a few months early) and now diligence from Tesla. The call last Thursday was basically them begging us to finish the online portion and now I have a check on my kitchen table collecting dust as “the factory is closed and we don’t know when it’ll open”.... yes, I too can read the news but thanks. Tesla makes a really fun car but I’m soooo tired of the BS

Reactions: Aarons12