Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 2015 Conference call discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon - for God's sake show the car. Don't say that... Such a poor excuse.

They're working their butts off to get it done March 31st. They'll probably put the last trim pieces on one hour before the reveal, which will be at midnight on the 31st...

The discussion about weak Northeastern sales is entertaining. If Tesla wants to know why sales are weak, maybe they should consult my post history on TMC. True cold weather behavior really sucks, not anything fundamentally with EV's but the number of bugs and lack of forsight in the software. But yes, the actual range of my car is more like 160-170 miles at the bleeding edge (i.e. get home with 0 miles left). If you run out it's not like "oh let's just wait for a tow" you might freeze to death. Which means we need more superchargers in this area, which are not planned.

edit - To add to my list of issues with it, I'll just add one more thought I had last night. The "range mode" button should really be labeled the "break the thermostat mode". No I don't want to waste energy on the battery heater but immediate cabin heat is necessary.

That was the most tired I've heard Elon.
I'm also missing Deepak. I had to check for snake oil in my pocket after the call. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to youth.

Really??? I have a much different reaction to the new CFO. I preferred his enthusiasm and candor, if you will, over anything I ever heard from Deepak.

I think resorting to the snake oil comment is absurd, I heard nothing of the sort. Just because someone is younger doesn't mean they are any less capable of doing a job and suggesting that someone was lying to you because of their youth and enthusiasm just leaves me scratching my head...

Jeff