Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model Y today from Glasgow. Pretty easy and smooth. Car is through a work salary sacrifice scheme and it appeared in the app literally seconds after the Tesla guy pressed a button on his iPad. Car was completely frozen over so couldn't check paint but everything else was spot on. Car came with 49% battery. Has a normal type 2 to type 2 cable, granny charger and a med kit.

I've already installed black aero covers, a data module for the centre unit and mats.

Tonnes of model Ys about and and saw another load arrive just as I was abou to leave.
Did the centre console have the required data lead for plugging into the new data module ? I thought they had removed those ?

Picked up my MYLR late on Friday from Brent Cross. Not much there. Car park with a spruced up container acting as the office. But on the plus side, it was heated and you could wait inside.

Staff was polite and efficient. I was given access to the car to go check it over and asked to return for the official handover once ready.
As it was getting dark, I did a somewhat quick check of the exterior. Mostly fine and if I hadn't been looking for it, wouldn't have noticed. But there was a little condensation in the tail lights and the back bumper panel was slightly sticking out on the sides. Checked the cars next to me to be certain and they didn't seem to have it.

When I went back to report the issues, the guy said the condensation is normal in this weather and it will go away on its own (but let's wait and see). He then came with me to the car to check the panel issue and agreed that it was slightly off. By this time it was approaching 5pm and fully dark. He showed me how to log in the issue in the app, but recommended I wait until the following day to inspect the car in detail during the day time. Did so the following day and logged in my issue and soon after was asked to book an appt at a service centre.

Have probably driven around 50 miles since getting the car, but all in London streets and the autopilot hasn't calibrated yet. Car has been ok so far, even driving in the snow last evening. Have yet to be fully acclimated with the dimensions of the car and how far back the other cars are when looking at the camera views. The back window is pointless, especially at night. Have tended to drive with the back camera on at all times.

One weird thing that I noticed yesterday morning was that one of the windows (maybe more than one?) was opened. Not sure if it was the auto venting function. My car was parked in the street and I panicked when I saw it and started poking my phone screen wildly until it closed. So didn't do the right investigation to see what was and wasn't working properly before the issue went away.

BTW, 544 vin and my car has USS. Very useful, I must say.
Re the window being open, I expect you did it yourself when opening the car door as you got out. Very easy to do as the buttons are all quite close. You’ll get used to it.
Ensure you have notifications turned on in the app for windows left open etc and you should be ok

A couple of days into ownership, so thought I’d share some further thoughts (in no particular order)

• Driving visibility is excellent
  • Auto High Beam seems very good on the few occasions it’s been used. I don’t have the same confidence with the auto wipers:)
  • TACC is very good (previous car (C-Class) didn’t have this)
  • Heated steering wheel is great (again, didn’t have such a luxury on previous car)
  • Slowly getting used to the driving experience and liking it a lot.
  • Fit and finish feels very good. Quality-wise doesn’t feel like a step down from the Merc at the moment.
  • Very first time I touched the seats I thought they felt pretty cheap but have got used to them and find them extremely comfortable - an opinion my best friend shared as he proclaimed the most comfortable car seats he’d ever sat in.
  • One pedal driving is awesome
  • I was worried the car would be forever beeping at me for different things but so far so good - although haven’t used Autopilot too much at the moment
  • Lack of USS is a bummer but so far I’ve personally found the rear reversing cameras to be more than sufficient.

I’ve got a few little niggles however:
  • Pressing the button to open the door does opens the door but won’t move when I push to open - needs a second press of the button to open. Am I doing something wrong or is the door not working properly?
  • Car visual in the app has the wrong alloy wheels - can I change this?
I have the same issue with door on rear driver side. All other doors pop open but this one catches back on the latch and the window moves back up. Only way to get out is to hold the open button down and swing the door out. Did you also check your galss. I had a number of adhesive and straight scratches on the roof glass which are only visible when wet

Washer fluid Question: Am I right in thinking only water is supplied as 'washer fluid' 🤔

Edit: Tesla chat advises Prestone washer fluid will have been used.

Though I'm not convinced, all Prestone products are coloured & likely to be scented too - my washer liquid looks very much like water and doesn't smell...

Reason for post/s is to ensure I'm not mixing different fluids as this can cause filter blockages which I'm trying to guard against. If this was summer I wouldn't bother but I want some decent -10 to 20C in there in this current climate

Last edited:
Picked up my Model Y today from Glasgow. Pretty easy and smooth. Car is through a work salary sacrifice scheme and it appeared in the app literally seconds after the Tesla guy pressed a button on his iPad. Car was completely frozen over so couldn't check paint but everything else was spot on. Car came with 49% battery. Has a normal type 2 to type 2 cable, granny charger and a med kit.

I've already installed black aero covers, a data module for the centre unit and mats.

Tonnes of model Ys about and and saw another load arrive just as I was abou to leave.
Love that ice, the best pick up picture I’ve seen is
Washer fluid Question: Am I right in thinking only water is supplied as 'washer fluid' 🤔

Edit: Tesla chat advises Prestone washer fluid will have been used.

Though I'm not convinced, all Prestone products are coloured & likely to be scented too - my washer liquid looks very much like water and doesn't smell...

Reason for post/s is to ensure I'm not mixing different fluids as this can cause filter blockages which I'm trying to guard against. If this was summer I wouldn't bother but I want some decent -10 to 20C in there in this current climate
i guess emptying the current fluid by just holding the button for a while. Then flush a bit through similarly after refilling.

Mine looks and smells like water too, certainly nothing like the prestone that I’ve been using for years.

What has surprised me is that mine threw a “refill” warning today, I’ve probably only used it 10-20 times in 2k miles and it only dribbles a teaspoon of liquid each time. Happy to refill with Prestone though, although will empty fully as above.

My Land Rover used to drink the stuff but that was with three double jets covering a huge windscreen and the rear camera washer (miss that) used constantly. The MY reservoir must be tiny or it wasn’t full on pick up.

Hi all, absolutely loving the model 3 rwd! Just a quick question though. I’m getting used to the one peddle driving but noticed yesterday due to the cold weather the regen braking was reduced so had to use the regular brake pedal but noticed the pedal had hardly any travel in it and wasn’t really slowing the car down as quick as expected… not sure if im being stupid or what but any advice would be helpful or whether a service app is required

Hi all, absolutely loving the model 3 rwd! Just a quick question though. I’m getting used to the one peddle driving but noticed yesterday due to the cold weather the regen braking was reduced so had to use the regular brake pedal but noticed the pedal had hardly any travel in it and wasn’t really slowing the car down as quick as expected… not sure if im being stupid or what but any advice would be helpful or whether a service app is required

I don’t think this is stupid question. Was you aggressively driving? Have you tested the breaks since?

@qsmy Nope just driving normally, 30mph slowing to come to roundabouts etc and noticed where I would normally start braking it felt like I had to really push down on the peddle but the travel just wasn’t there making me feel like I should apply the braking force a lot sooner, difficult to explain but the roads weren’t icy, just damp. Not too sure if it was a case of the brake pedal and regen braking doing something not in sync but I’m going to give it a test later and put the car into ‘Roll’ rather than ‘hold’ so that Regen doesn’t affect anything. If still the same, I may put in a request to be safe than sorry but I’ll report my findings

Reactions: Sanjiv
Picked up my M3LR today from Southampton docks.

Easy to find the turning in, but the actual reception area is tucked away at the back of the plot so had to hunt it down (if you’re looking for it, once you’ve turned in just keep going as straight as you’re able and you’ll eventually come across it - signage is poor!)

There were hundreds of 3s and Ys there in the compound, and some heading out on transporters as we got there.

Quick and easy reception and handover process. We were taken out to our car and shown around. Already know the controls etc but the guy was on hand if needed and as I checked around the vehicle. Very helpful.

Came with 3pin plug, type 2 cable, emergency kit, and 2xsplash guards (although since getting home these seem to be same as already fitted on the front?). Had rear mudguards on last car, do I still need these?

Car was in excellent condition, all very clean inside and out (under the frost!)

Build quality is MUCH BETTER than previous 2020 M3SR. All panels are perfect, doors close with a reassuring thud, not the metallic tinny noise of previous models made in the USA. Paint is excellent.

Took 10 mins on drive home for cameras to calibrate. Big software update when linked to home WiFi.

No USS so no beeps on parking, but cameras are clear and distance very much the same on camera as when you go and look after. I‘d like my beeps back front and rear but no way would I refuse this car because of that.

Steering, handling, performance all excellent as you’d expect and this newer version is definitely quieter from air and road noise.

Fingers crossed all remains good, hope this helps and those still waiting are just as happy, obligatory pic below 😊

6896C7FC-121F-45F9-8829-2D037FF6669E.jpeg

@qsmy Nope just driving normally, 30mph slowing to come to roundabouts etc and noticed where I would normally start braking it felt like I had to really push down on the peddle but the travel just wasn’t there making me feel like I should apply the braking force a lot sooner, difficult to explain but the roads weren’t icy, just damp. Not too sure if it was a case of the brake pedal and regen braking doing something not in sync but I’m going to give it a test later and put the car into ‘Roll’ rather than ‘hold’ so that Regen doesn’t affect anything. If still the same, I may put in a request to be safe than sorry but I’ll report my findings
Had mine a week and definitely thought the same. Brake pedal seems very stiff and not that responsive but with the cold weather and road conditions I haven't really tried a hard stop yet though. Let me know how you get on!

Love that ice, the best pick up picture I’ve seen is

i guess emptying the current fluid by just holding the button for a while. Then flush a bit through similarly after refilling.

Mine looks and smells like water too, certainly nothing like the prestone that I’ve been using for years.

What has surprised me is that mine threw a “refill” warning today, I’ve probably only used it 10-20 times in 2k miles and it only dribbles a teaspoon of liquid each time. Happy to refill with Prestone though, although will empty fully as above.

My Land Rover used to drink the stuff but that was with three double jets covering a huge windscreen and the rear camera washer (miss that) used constantly. The MY reservoir must be tiny or it wasn’t full on pick up.
Mine too, took just over 5L to fill it up, also washed the front lights too - used to drink it!

I've managed to get some of the -20 I have (use on the LR) into the Tesla, will keep topping it up as I use some and repeat until a decent drive where I can use it all up etc and get a proper refill going in 👍

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Mine too, took just over 5L to fill it up, also washed the front lights too - used to drink it!

I've managed to get some of the -20 I have (use on the LR) into the Tesla, will keep topping it up as I use some and repeat until a decent drive where I can use it all up etc and get a proper refill going in 👍
I’d forgotten the headlight jetwashing! My Disco also seemed to warn that the washer fluid was low when it was about 50% full, although in fairness that was potentially only a few days use!

Used the MY washers extensively on the salty motorway today and I never actually seemed to get a fully clean windscreen on the passenger side. Hopefully will be better once it has prestone on board.

I noticed this on every test drive I've had the brake pedal seems very stiff compared to any other car I've ever driven.

Most brand new cars I've had the brakes are not bedded in and can be downright scary at first and gentle driving definitely required.

That being said it seems to be a common comment on Tesla's - I'd drive it for a few more days and see if you get used to it and if not won't hurt getting them to check it out.

Picked up my M3LR today from Southampton docks.

Easy to find the turning in, but the actual reception area is tucked away at the back of the plot so had to hunt it down (if you’re looking for it, once you’ve turned in just keep going as straight as you’re able and you’ll eventually come across it - signage is poor!)

There were hundreds of 3s and Ys there in the compound, and some heading out on transporters as we got there.

Quick and easy reception and handover process. We were taken out to our car and shown around. Already know the controls etc but the guy was on hand if needed and as I checked around the vehicle. Very helpful.

Came with 3pin plug, type 2 cable, emergency kit, and 2xsplash guards (although since getting home these seem to be same as already fitted on the front?). Had rear mudguards on last car, do I still need these?

Car was in excellent condition, all very clean inside and out (under the frost!)

Build quality is MUCH BETTER than previous 2020 M3SR. All panels are perfect, doors close with a reassuring thud, not the metallic tinny noise of previous models made in the USA. Paint is excellent.

Took 10 mins on drive home for cameras to calibrate. Big software update when linked to home WiFi.

No USS so no beeps on parking, but cameras are clear and distance very much the same on camera as when you go and look after. I‘d like my beeps back front and rear but no way would I refuse this car because of that.

Steering, handling, performance all excellent as you’d expect and this newer version is definitely quieter from air and road noise.

Fingers crossed all remains good, hope this helps and those still waiting are just as happy, obligatory pic below 😊

View attachment 884450
I am collecting from Southampton on Thu, can you just add any more info regarding where the shack is located? Thanks

Im very dissapointed no one has mentioned how "cool" your car looks... #DadJokes

Reactions: ROTA and theboy183