Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @aaeverett, I thought a QC thread would catch some traction. If not, I figured I was out a few minutes of typing and nothing more! It's always awesome to hear other people's stories and experiences. How was your test drive? Did you take the plunge? We were up there this past weekend as well! Maybe around 2pm... and, well....

@jakeinator apparently you and my wife work together, small world! I believe she told you, so I think that green lights me to post here. Your S is going to have company in about a month or two! She ordered one! I'm excited for her (and also for myself cuz I'll hopefully get to drive it too!). I had Khoeler over yesterday to estimate running a line to the garage. Waiting to hear back from them, and made some calls to other electricians so I have some comparatives.

Lastly, I'm excited to say that with my wife getting an S, my preorder for the Model 3 should move up! The store in Westmont guesstimated Oct-Dec delivery! Also, our household is going to be fully electric as far as vehicles go. Makes me nervous a bit but excited as well.

She did mention it, congrats on the purchase!
My model 3 reservation for the initial option is that Oct-Dec time frame and my reservation was within the first 10 minutes of the online reservations and got my S at the end of June. You probably know of this link, but you can check here (may not change until delivery of S): Tesla SSO – Login

Thank you, sir! Pass along any charging tips to my wife if you will, we've read so much conflicting information on the best practices for battery longevity. I'd love to just use the SC for all charging (FREE!!) but in the end, we want the vehicle to last for quite some time.
I waited until April 1st to reserve the 3, so I think it likely that mine will be after yours. I do check that website... probably more often than I should, and care to admit! I spoke with our guy from Westmont yesterday on the phone because my dates have yet to change. He informed me that they probably wouldn't but not to worry about it. So far my excited impatience is ok with that explanation from him. :p

Reactions: jakeinator
Today, based on how much I typically drive, I did my last oil change! I thought that was post worthy lol.
Also, picked up a 12" vinyl sticker for the garage. Looks awesome if you ask me ;)

IMG_3836.JPG

I thought I’d bump this once to keep the thread alive. Anyone with Model 3 delivery windows coming up? Anyone already get an invite to configure? I’m looking at Dec-Feb for mine and can’t wait! But I’m still unsure of what color to go with. Also need to shop around for auto loan rates because the same bank my wife has her Model S at for .99% is only offering 2.79% as its best rate...yeah, no thanks.

I saw a post on M3OC saying that an owner (I think his name is You You Xue) is making a tour across the U.S. and Canada, stopping in Des Moines on January 7th, I think I’ll try to make it over that way. I really would like to see the car once in person before configuring. I don’t have Facebook but was still able to click this link and look at the dates/locales. Some seem to be the same day/time so I’m not sure what’s the plan there...typo? Only gonna go to the one that gets more “guests”? We’ll see...

Tesla Model 3 Road Trip

Good info. Looks like they'll be in Ann Arbor a few days before they travel your way. Perhaps I'll have to stop in and see the M3 in person. I can totally understand wanting to see the car before making the purchase. I drove all the way to Cincinnati to see the white seats in person before putting in my order (was all set to go with Grey and then they were discontinued).

Reactions: TQCLove
I thought I’d bump this once to keep the thread alive. Anyone with Model 3 delivery windows coming up? Anyone already get an invite to configure? I’m looking at Dec-Feb for mine and can’t wait! But I’m still unsure of what color to go with. Also need to shop around for auto loan rates because the same bank my wife has her Model S at for .99% is only offering 2.79% as its best rate...yeah, no thanks.

I saw a post on M3OC saying that an owner (I think his name is You You Xue) is making a tour across the U.S. and Canada, stopping in Des Moines on January 7th, I think I’ll try to make it over that way. I really would like to see the car once in person before configuring. I don’t have Facebook but was still able to click this link and look at the dates/locales. Some seem to be the same day/time so I’m not sure what’s the plan there...typo? Only gonna go to the one that gets more “guests”? We’ll see...

Tesla Model 3 Road Trip

I got my Model 3 invitation to configure on the 4th. I am still not planning to do anything likely until the AWD option is available, then I will play with the config to see what my new options are, and then decide whether I trade in the Model S or keep it for awhile. I didn't see the one in DM, so maybe seeing one will sway me one way or the other too.

I did make it to Des Moines to see the Model 3 tour by You You Xue. Drove the 2(ish) hours there, back, and probably only really saw the car for 30 minutes or so. It was filthy, inside and out, the wheels were mismatched due to the Michigan pothole that took out his whole left side (the remaining two were now on the rear, two new wheels on the front), the tow eye cover was gone (broken by a towing company at a previous stop), and it was freezing (I saw several cars in the ditch and one jackknifed semi on the 80)...BUT... it was all totally worth it! I’m glad I did it and feel it really helped me to make that final push passed any apprehension I had about the car. There was a small, very nice group of people all excited to see the 3, and I asked a couple of them if they wouldn’t mind taking my picture with the car. They happily obliged. Here’s a few pics:
11628ABF-BBBF-4072-A76A-352BA55183C3.jpeg

25E0AFBB-843B-42C5-9321-8CD08CCCB5F0.jpeg

Also, got my invite (well, no email but logged in and could configure) on the 24th, VIN already assigned on the 25th and am now working out the details. Looking like maybe next week sometime for delivery. Excited!

Reactions: jgillispie
Posted this in another thread but saw a number of them at Highland Park last week. Any of the QC'ers get theirs yet? I'm assuming you would probably pick up in Downer's Grove.
I'm scheduled for Saturday at Westmont (Downers Grove) but it's looking like Mateo might have something to say about that. Might have to reschedule.
I haven't seen any in the QC yet, but that is a very small sample size of me driving to/from work and to/from the grocery store lately.
I know of 2 people who were invited to configure here that are waiting for other features.

If you get rescheduled let me know. I'm transplanted to Chicago area now and would love to check it out.
We decided to risk it and brave the storm (had other business to take care of in Chicago we HAD to be there for). Glad we did because Mateo didn’t end up as bad as could have been, and now I have my new car! We did however just get dumped on last night so I’ll have to postpone joy riding around for a few more days (or weeks) while this winter lingers.

Worth mentioning here, I asked at Westmont how many they’ve delivered and while I couldn’t coax specifics from my DS, I did get a “high double digits, not quite triple digits” answer. Also, when I first arrived, I drove around back as there wasn’t any parking out front and happened to see a blue with Aeros out there. There was also a Black right next to mine inside, prepped and ready for delivery.

We decided to risk it and brave the storm (had other business to take care of in Chicago we HAD to be there for). Glad we did because Mateo didn’t end up as bad as could have been, and now I have my new car! We did however just get dumped on last night so I’ll have to postpone joy riding around for a few more days (or weeks) while this winter lingers.

Worth mentioning here, I asked at Westmont how many they’ve delivered and while I couldn’t coax specifics from my DS, I did get a “high double digits, not quite triple digits” answer. Also, when I first arrived, I drove around back as there wasn’t any parking out front and happened to see a blue with Aeros out there. There was also a Black right next to mine inside, prepped and ready for delivery.

Looking forward to seeing it around and hearing about. Glad the weather cooperated for you to get out there and get it. guessing you will have some pics up soon for us to ogle as well.

Congrats!

We did, and I was actually just going to post to you to see if it was you. very sharp looking as i drove by. I will reach out sometime to meet at the office or SC to check it out / chat.
They’re picking my car up tomorrow to take back to Westmont and address the things I found at delivery, no approved body shops in the QC. :oops: I’m expecting the truck in the morning, and they’ve set me up with Enterprise for a rental car for me until it’s done. They estimated “a few days” so hoping to have it back before next Thursday. As long as I get it back with the items in my list fixed (and not tons of miles added to it!), I’ll be a super happy camper as I’ve been loving the car!