Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quad Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels almost like the entire line-up is being rebooted here. Some people have been talking about price bumps, but it feels more like they pulled the pricing and specs in order to reset the whole lineup. There may be no tri motor config.

I really want to order but things are so up in the air and behind I feel like I’d be number 102,345 in the waiting room and by the time 2024 gets there there will be a lot more options to consider.

Not that $100 is any big deal, I just don’t think I’ll ever be able to actually get one so what’s the point.

I really want to order but things are so up in the air and behind I feel like I’d be number 102,345 in the waiting room and by the time 2024 gets there there will be a lot more options to consider.

Not that $100 is any big deal, I just don’t think I’ll ever be able to actually get one so what’s the point.
Number 102,345… is likely going to get here quicker than a lot of people think. But you would be more like number 1,234,500 in the waiting room if you were just putting your order in now.

Waiting until all the options are clarified isn’t a terrible idea at this point.

A large fraction of Tri orders were to get the 500 mile range, already taking a hit on price to get that. They weren’t looking for 4wd, 3s 0-60, etc - just range. Tesla won’t want to lose those by jacking the price up even further for comparable range.
All 3 trims of CT advertised at launch were a steal. The price for the quad motor will be “jacked up” and plenty of people will pay it

I think they will remove the lower models completely.

There are probably 2 million preorders or more, what’s the count now? How long would it take to fulfill those? How long will reservation scalping be a thing?

Why would they sell 500,000 of the cheaper models, when there are 500,000 people ready to buy the quad motor super duper or upper trim models, and another 500,000 after that ready to buy some kind of base AWD model?

I feel the same but I also think the reservation count is way overinflated. There are lots of folks that made 2 or 3 reservations of different configurations hoping to improve their odds of an early delivery. Furthermore, since the reservation was only $100 and refundable you had a bunch of folks that said, let me just reserve one and I will decide later. Then you have a ton of folks that will drop out for a variety of reasons but one of the biggies will be the price increase. The pricing they originally announced was really too good to be true. A full-size truck with better range than an SR+ (at the time) for less than an SR+. It would have been the least expensive EV in the Tesla line-up.

I am still interested in the CT but if it winds up being around the same price as a Silverado for F-150 EV truck I would probably opt for a more traditional truck with paint color and your typical pickup options. A $50k Silverado EV pickup with 400 mile range would be hard to pass up. It looks like it will have a clear roof option and 4-wheel steering as well. We find out on Jan 22nd.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.04.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.03.14 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tren01t
Like every other new model before it, Tesla will likely only produce the quad Cybertruck at first, maybe even a fully-optioned-to-the-teeth "Signature Edition" at greatly increased cost, not only to help make the Cybertruck immediately profitable but also to established a price-conditioning "cachet" effect, so that the dual motor and every other lesser iteration will seem like immense bargains. But I'm going to snap me one up regardless.

Putting in my order about an hour after the presentation ended, I ended up in the 40,000's but I think there may be more drop outs than anticipated, especially when the final configs (and $Prices) are announced and we are now requested to pony up an additional, and now non-refundable, $900 to make it a $1000 "confirmed" order or something, to weed out the fencer sitters.

Whaddaya think?

Like every other new model before it, Tesla will likely only produce the quad Cybertruck at first, maybe even a fully-optioned-to-the-teeth "Signature Edition" at greatly increased cost, not only to help make the Cybertruck immediately profitable but also to established a price-conditioning "cachet" effect, so that the dual motor and every other lesser iteration will seem like immense bargains. But I'm going to snap me one up regardless.

Putting in my order about an hour after the presentation ended, I ended up in the 40,000's but I think there may be more drop outs than anticipated, especially when the final configs (and $Prices) are announced and we are now requested to pony up an additional, and now non-refundable, $900 to make it a $1000 "confirmed" order or something, to weed out the fencer sitters.

Whaddaya think?
Well, here's what I think... While I too have an early launch day RN, I thinks these will be the last people to get their trucks. Based on what, you ask? Well, based on the new "Refreshed" MS and Plaid experience. Many/most earliest reservation holders have been waiting nearly a year or more; even worst if you were a Plaid+ reservation holder that have to convert your order to a hum-drum Plaid.... Oh, then there are those people ordering the same configuration as these SOBs and getting their Plaid's in weeks. Just sayin'... Don't believe it? Then, check out the Plaid and refreshed LR delivery threads.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors