Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Query on possible driven delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am led to understand that my Model Y will be driven to my home on the delivery day, rather than trailered (the guy said it would be a 'driven delivery' whatever that means). Might be relevant that I am leasing the vehicle through a separate company rather than through TESLA.

I intend to email the leasing company to confirm if this is the case and to ask where it is being driven from. I've read on here that I only have 24hrs and 100(?) miles to report any issues with the car - is this true? My concern is that I take delivery of a car that has been driven more than 100 miles to my home and will lose my opportunity to report any defects.

Any one with any prior experience care to chip in?

Oh, also, how many card keys do I get with the car? Will it be 2?

Thanks!

The lease company will deliver it how they choose. As its their car they are duty bound to resolve issues - not Tesla. Dont worry. Yes you get 2 Cards.
I think that is not correct. Tesla delivers the car not the lease company - they may be the owners but it is leased to the above OP.

You can ask Tesla to do a trailered delivery or re arrange for a pick up. You can do once - changing delivery method and date.

I think that is not correct. Tesla delivers the car not the lease company - they may be the owners but it is leased to the above OP.

You can ask Tesla to do a trailered delivery or re arrange for a pick up. You can do once - changing delivery method and date.
Agree. I’m leasing (LeasePlan) but all my delivery correspondence had come direct from Tesla - not the leasing company.

I’m guessing it’s down to whoever Tesla contract to deliver your car and what logistics they have available me.