Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about steering wheel controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Panacea

TSLA Shareholder/Believer
Feb 9, 2013
NJ
Do the controls for voice command, fast forward, rewind etc on your steering wheel light up at night? Mine have never, yet last night I could have sworn they did. Maybe I need more sleep.

Do the controls for voice command, fast forward, rewind etc on your steering wheel light up at night? Mine have never, yet last night I could have sworn they did. Maybe I need more sleep.

No, unfortunately. Likewise there's no tactile feedback to help identify. In particular I'd like some bumps on the window controls so I can tell front from back, about 1/3rd of the time I lower the back when I intended the front.

There seems to be buggy behavior with the backlighting (was also mentioned in another thread). On mine it sometimes comes on very bright, and other times very dim, independent of brightness settings for screen.

There seems to be buggy behavior with the backlighting (was also mentioned in another thread). On mine it sometimes comes on very bright, and other times very dim, independent of brightness settings for screen.

It's supposed to sync with the display, but sometimes it's not. However, any adjustment of the display brightness puts them back in sync (4.5, don't know if this is fixed in 5.6).

Has anyone noticed that the "up" button on the left side of the wheel getting "worn" and not feeling as well as the other buttons. I use that butting a ton when using slacker radio. It is more recessed than the others. I'm thinking to have it looked into next visit to SC.
john

Has anyone noticed that the "up" button on the left side of the wheel getting "worn" and not feeling as well as the other buttons. I use that butting a ton when using slacker radio. It is more recessed than the others. I'm thinking to have it looked into next visit to SC.
john

Maybe you need to be less picky about the songs you listen to:biggrin: JK!