Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on 70D, 90D delivery time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a reservation early this month and configured a 70D last Friday 2/12/2016. The website suggested that "Deliveries begin mid to late 2016". Do you think how likely I can get the car by June? My wife and I are going to have a trip in July and I really hope to drive this cool car at that time. Any comments are appreciated!

I made a reservation early this month and configured a 70D last Friday 2/12/2016. The website suggested that "Deliveries begin mid to late 2016". Do you think how likely I can get the car by June? My wife and I are going to have a trip in July and I really hope to drive this cool car at that time. Any comments are appreciated!

I am not sure that I will have my P90D by June...

Because you ordered a 70D and just configured you will almost certainly not get your vehicle by June. Will be more like late 2016

Tesla Time, "Mid" any year is around September/October and "Late" is in the first half of the following year.

I am not sure that I will have my P90D by June...

The website shows "Deliveries begin early 2016" so I guess you have a good chance :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Because you ordered a 70D and just configured you will almost certainly not get your vehicle by June. Will be more like late 2016

Thanks for the info... I am hesitating if I should change to 90D but looks still unlikely to get by June.
Is the reservation transferable? I am thinking by any chance I can ask/purchase a reservation from someone else who is not that urgent to get the car? (although I doubt such people exist...)

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla Time, "Mid" any year is around September/October and "Late" is in the first half of the following year.

Hilarious but makes much sense :) Tesla always give aggressive deadline and then postpone...

The are currently working on P90D or P90DL with both the premium and autopilot options. ( no onyx wheels). The last VIN number assigned was 1103. They will continue to issue VINs for this group until complete. The ones currently in produvtion should be delivered by through March/May .The next group is P90D and P90DL without premium and autopilot and no onyx wheels. Delivery through May-June. The next group will be 90D with premium option and autopilot and no onyx wheels. Delivery through July/August. The next group would be 90D without premium and no autopilot. delivery by August/September. This include Allstate P90D and P90D with black onyx wheels. September/ October, Then 70D with premium and autopilot and 70d without premium and autopilot. Delivery between October/December. This is based on no new orders. This is a real rough based on the information on the tracker and collected in the forum. These are only best guests and based on no new delays.

My most optimistic timeframe for my 90D is early June. I barely let myself entertain it, because that's the "fantasy land" realm. Realistically, I'm hoping to have it in time for a late summer road trip. I reserved 2 years ago.

I am not a believer in absolutes, so I want to be careful with my phrasing. 70D by June? It's more likely to have an asteroid land squarely on the nose of a Falcon Heavy during takeoff, and have the Falcon take it and redeposit it squarely into its original trajectory. By June.

The are currently working on P90D or P90DL with both the premium and autopilot options. ( no onyx wheels). The last VIN number assigned was 1103. They will continue to issue VINs for this group until complete. The ones currently in produvtion should be delivered by through March/May .The next group is P90D and P90DL without premium and autopilot and no onyx wheels. Delivery through May-June. The next group will be 90D with premium option and autopilot and no onyx wheels. Delivery through July/August. The next group would be 90D without premium and no autopilot. delivery by August/September. This include Allstate P90D and P90D with black onyx wheels. September/ October, Then 70D with premium and autopilot and 70d without premium and autopilot. Delivery between October/December. This is based on no new orders. This is a real rough based on the information on the tracker and collected in the forum. These are only best guests and based on no new delays.
I like your prediction because it would be nice to take delivery of my wife's 70 around her birthday in late November.

About as good a SWAG as any.:wink:

Sounds good except I doubt autopilot changes anything. Autopilot hardware is in every car made.. the only difference is turning it on in software.