Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on pre-warming car from App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried a search on site and couldn't find the answer to my question so forgive me if this was addressed previously.

As far as pre-warming the car from the phone app, how long does the car maintain this state before it shuts off? The reason I asked is, I started pre-warming the car but got delayed at work and when I checked the app, the climate function had been turned off and the car essentially was back to outside temperature. (I was amazed how quickly the car drops internal temperature because probably 15 minutes before I had it maintaining the set 69 degrees). I believe outside temp that day was around 20 degrees F.

I wish the app on the phone would at least give an indication that the car warming function is about to turn off and give a possibility for us to hit a continue button just in case we are delayed.

It's most likely a battery savings feature, because some people might forget that they turned it on and the battery would die if they left it on for days. There is a "Camp Mode" feature in the Remote S app that allows you to keep the climate on indefinitely without user interaction. It works by restarting your climate control every 30 minutes until you tell it to stop or close the app.

It's most likely a battery savings feature, because some people might forget that they turned it on and the battery would die if they left it on for days. There is a "Camp Mode" feature in the Remote S app that allows you to keep the climate on indefinitely without user interaction. It works by restarting your climate control every 30 minutes until you tell it to stop or close the app.

I think the apple app has always had features first before the android one (the one I have). I don't recall a camp mode on that one