Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about the Model S compared to the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe the Model 3 isn't expect to arrive before 2019. So I took a test drive of a Model S today to find out if I should be getting one of these instead. I loved the 100D I drove, but I think I'll wait (because of the extra price difference).

Since I don't have access to an Model 3 to try out. I was wondering if Model 3 / S owners could answer these questions:

1. I found the Model S a bit hard to get out of. The seats are pretty low. Is this the same for the Model 3?

2. Also, I'm considering my Model 3 in the red color. Loved it on the P100D I saw at the Tesla store. Is the color red on the Model 3 the same as the current red on the Model S?

I found the Model S a bit hard to get out of. The seats are pretty low. Is this the same for the Model 3?

I might be in the minority here. I find it very difficult to get in and out in the 3, than the S, and I found out why. The distance from the seat to the floor board in the 3 is much less than S, with all things being equal, such as the seat at the highest position (which is what I always prefer) or lowest position.

That one reason alone is keeping me from jumping into the 3. But the range might be the one that tilts the decision back to the 3. It is so difficult to make up the mind,

Would air suspension affect distance of floorboard to ground? Not the seat to floorboard.

I find the 3 lower than most ‘family sedans’ which is sort of where this could be cross-shopped. But I think it is probably equivalent to other sports/performance sedans.

I haven’t had an s in some time. But I actually think it’s roighly the same from my recollection

I might be in the minority here. I find it very difficult to get in and out in the 3, than the S, and I found out why. The distance from the seat to the floor board in the 3 is much less than S, with all things being equal, such as the seat at the highest position (which is what I always prefer) or lowest position.

That one reason alone is keeping me from jumping into the 3. But the range might be the one that tilts the decision back to the 3. It is so difficult to make up the mind,
I didn't notice, thought it was really easy getting in and out. Then again, I always have the seat in the lowest position on any car I drive, and generally can't even get in a car if it's at the highest.

In Europe the Model 3 isn't expect to arrive before 2019. So I took a test drive of a Model S today to find out if I should be getting one of these instead. I loved the 100D I drove, but I think I'll wait (because of the extra price difference).

Since I don't have access to an Model 3 to try out. I was wondering if Model 3 / S owners could answer these questions:

1. I found the Model S a bit hard to get out of. The seats are pretty low. Is this the same for the Model 3?

2. Also, I'm considering my Model 3 in the red color. Loved it on the P100D I saw at the Tesla store. Is the color red on the Model 3 the same as the current red on the Model S?
You can set an entry profile on tha S. I set it to raise the seat some and the wheel. Also, it moves to the easiest position fore and aft for exit. . I find it best to back into the seat if taller than 5ft 9in and just rotate on the seat. I imagine the 3 will get this in an update, as the S just got it a few months ago. Ps. I’m 77 and have no real problem with entry other than age related on any car.

You can set an entry profile on tha S. I set it to raise the seat some and the wheel. Also, it moves to the easiest position fore and aft for exit. . I find it best to back into the seat if taller than 5ft 9in and just rotate on the seat. I imagine the 3 will get this in an update, as the S just got it a few months ago. Ps. I’m 77 and have no real problem with entry other than age related on any car.

Model 3 has Easy Entry feature.