Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions before buying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on your driving patterns. I'd lose my mind with the 75, because I'd be supercharging 4 times a week instead of twice a week. :D

Agree, everyone's situation is different. My wife only has 1 mile commute and I work from home. We only need to charge 1x a week unless my daughter has an away game. Round trip to Bay Area or Sacramento will take a 20 minute spc visit, would be close in a 100 and would probably need a quick charge also.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer or charging a little more frequently in long trips to save almost 20k. We don't do frequent trips of more than 300 miles, maybe 2-3x a year.

Hey everyone,

This community is great. I found a lot of information that was very useful and helped me chose Tesla X as my next car.
I still have a couple of questions before buying:
  • What's the best way to finance? I saw 0.99APR flying around but seems like it's not relevant anymore. Is Tesla's financing services any good?
  • While looking online on ways to reduce cost/ get 90D I found this thread - which lead me to think whether buying used Tesla X is a good option? And if yes - what should I check before buying?
  • Unlimited charging - is it still available? How to check if a car has it? Is it transferable?
  • Referral discount - does it still exist? Anything replaced it?
  • In case I'm buying used - did the packaged change since 2017? What's different?
Thanks!

Hi, Not sure if you ordered yet but 0.99 is insane cheap, I know on ours we were at 1.49 and we though that was basically as low as it would get!

I can't say much about used but I did the research and decided to go new on ours because I would rather have a new car then a used one personally never know how the previous owner drive the car but either way need free lifetime supercharging!

Unlimited charging is available on new cars with referral code (love it if you would use mine steven7841 and I would send you a free wall charger!) OR you can find an older car that may have it tied to the car not the owner and therefor it is transferrable.

Referral discount they really scaled back on no more discounts on the actual cars just unlimited lifetime free supercharging and possibly some service credit $$.

The major changes that I noticed since 2017 (I have a late 2017 Model X) but the newer once have the synthetic leather not real leather and they decided to combine a bunch of packages into 1 so you basically get forced into buying stuff you may not want or need.

Hope that helps and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the car or features or anything else!