Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for Helix Wheel Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the look of the Silver Helix wheels, but I also like exposed lug nuts. It's putting me in a quandary between the Helix and the standard Silver wheels. I like the pattern and rim on the Helix better, but I like the exposed lug nuts of the Silver wheels better.

What does it look like behind that cover of the Helix? Would it look bad to leave it exposed without installing the cover? Is the cover plastic?

helix_v1.jpg
The cover is plastic. You would not want to drive without the cover.

View attachment 221439 The cover is plastic. You would not want to drive without the cover.
Yeah, I agree. That photo says it all. It does have the benefit of not having to mess with the lug nut covers. Don't really understand the need for lug nut covers on the other wheels, though. My Yukon has the actual lug nuts exposed and they look fine to me. Anyway, thanks again for another response to all my questions, @rush6410.

I don't know if I ever mentioned in the other thread, but I decided I wanted to keep the Titanium color, so I reserved a 2016 CPO X with HW1, six seater, but with the tan interior. It's been living in Brooklyn, but it's fixing to become a Southerner real soon. I'll eventually have to move on to another color, but I figured that I like the HW1 on my Model S fine enough, and maybe if I wait long enough, Tesla will bring the color back.

Reactions: rush6410
Yeah, I agree. That photo says it all. It does have the benefit of not having to mess with the lug nut covers. Don't really understand the need for lug nut covers on the other wheels, though. My Yukon has the actual lug nuts exposed and they look fine to me. Anyway, thanks again for another response to all my questions, @rush6410.

I don't know if I ever mentioned in the other thread, but I decided I wanted to keep the Titanium color, so I reserved a 2016 CPO X with HW1, six seater, but with the tan interior. It's been living in Brooklyn, but it's fixing to become a Southerner real soon. I'll eventually have to move on to another color, but I figured that I like the HW1 on my Model S fine enough, and maybe if I wait long enough, Tesla will bring the color back.
Congratulations! Hopefully they do bring it back. I am only aware of three MXs with titanium and HW2.