Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat as yourself (no off street parking) and wondered what you were doing regards charging at home?

Cable across public foot path using a cover? (Sleeping policeman type)

Type of charger on house? i'm thinking of a 16amp commando socket on the side of my house (IP67 rated) with switch/fuse inside. and using the UMC that comes with the car. This is only for topping up at weekends during the day. This will will also be used for my jet-washer to keep the car clean!! Its a pain that i can not get the grant for a charger as no off street so looking at alternatives.

Mainly i will use the work charger & public network.

Charger on the house with a cable ramp across the pavement. I've already got a 32A rolec charger (unwired as I knew I'd be changing cars from my current Leaf).

Given the new order agreements sent out to those still waiting today, can someone who has already taken delivery confirm how their order agreement compared to their final invoice in terms of reporting the government grant?

Before today the price on the website was showing before the government grant, but now it is displaying after the grant (I'm starting to wish I had taken screenshots before they made the change).
When I ordered on day 1 the price shown was after deducting the grant. I had a little argument with somebody at Tesla because of it.

Good stuff.

Did Tesla give you any options in terms of registration plate? When I last bought a new car the dealer gave me a range of about 20 registration numbers to choose one based on my preference.
No. The licence number was assigned before I took delivery. I didn’t ask maybe if it did after vin allocation I might have had a choice.

Picked my P3 up on Tuesday at Heathrow. They were very rushed - said she had 15 minutes. They couldn't answer simple questions about the car (eg how do I activate voice input, how do I activate autopilot), and the car was only half charged.

I had to plug straight into the supercharger outside - and it charged me. On my way out I mentioned that they really shouldn't have charged me for doing their job. ( I care, dont't really care but was slightly disappointed by the whole process). She said 'aww'. I think a combination of early days, a rush, a not very technical rep and poor training.

They were all friendly enough and the car is great.

Picked my P3 up on Tuesday at Heathrow. They were very rushed - said she had 15 minutes. They couldn't answer simple questions about the car (eg how do I activate voice input, how do I activate autopilot), and the car was only half charged.

I had to plug straight into the supercharger outside - and it charged me. On my way out I mentioned that they really shouldn't have charged me for doing their job. ( I care, dont't really care but was slightly disappointed by the whole process). She said 'aww'. I think a combination of early days, a rush, a not very technical rep and poor training.

They were all friendly enough and the car is great.

Not the best experience but it sounds like what they had planned to keep delivered going out the door quickly, doesn't help that this will likely be the busiest times they have ever experienced as well. I was under the impression that they are sending emails beforehand so that you can get unto speed on how the car works and hopefully answer some questions for new buyers.