Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QuickJack to produce Tesla-specific model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Musterion

18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″
Jan 10, 2013
M8
QuickJack (QuickJack - Car Lift for your Home Garage or Shop) has been mentioned in a few jacking threads here but so far has not made a model with sufficient jack point spread to accommodate the Model S. I've been waiting patiently as they upgrade their collection, but their longest EXT model is still 4-5" short (although it has sufficient weight rating). But today I got an email from a VP there with drawings for a Tesla-specific model with sufficient spread, and he says it is 90 days out and will be announced soon. If true I hope to get a set soon and will report back here. No affiliation -- I have been trying to put together a compact and low-cost 4-wheel lift for some time now and this design fits my space constraints and doesn't require permanent mounting.

How much does the lift travel when you lift? I only have 6" to spare in front of the car and it looks like the QuickJack uses more than that.

Answering my own question, they call it radial lift and the car moves about 13 inches.

What exactly is the point of lifting a Tesla 20” off the ground?

What else are you going to do while it’s jacked except for changing a wheel?

Lots of us like to work on cars and just because it doesn't have an ICE doesn't mean there isn't still a lot that needs to be done. From maintence on brakes and coolant, to replacing worn or failed parts on the drive, suspension, steering or A/C systems.

Reactions: israndy
Great point! Lifting the car makes battery removal easier as well. Does this quickjack have any crossbeams that would get in the way of working on the battery? The pics I see make it look like 2 separate sides but I'm not finding any without a car on it to be 100% sure.

To answer your question: removal of the battery really isn't necessary for brake work, or AC, or suspension, etc. But it would be nice to be able to do it.

Reactions: jaguar36
Great point! Lifting the car makes battery removal easier as well. Does this quickjack have any crossbeams that would get in the way of working on the battery? The pics I see make it look like 2 separate sides but I'm not finding any without a car on it to be 100% sure.

To answer your question: removal of the battery really isn't necessary for brake work, or AC, or suspension, etc. But it would be nice to be able to do it.

How do you work on the AC that would have jacking up make it easier? I know the AC is accessible through the frunk once you remove the liner, but is it from underneath as well (without removing the battery)?

If all you need to work on is AC, you're probably better off not getting a jack of any sort and just bringing your car in for service; this type of product is for people who like to work on their own cars in general. I personally never work on my own AC system, it's just not my wheelhouse regardless of car and on the Tesla it's never needed any sort of work, but I've done most of the rest. But if you're doing the annual on the battery's cooling system then lifting the car will absolutely help.