Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QuietTrack vs Avid Ascent GT vs PureContact LS tires, which is most efficient+quiet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i decided to go with the vredestein quatrac pro. it was tough between it and the conti contact ls. The LS has the 70,000 mile warranty on its side that was swaying me and the decent reviews and lrr. The quatrac ony has 40,000 mile warranty and lrr but it has the snowflake symbol so will work better into the snow season so i can leave the tires on longer till dead of winter so i dont wear my separate snows out with the warm climate here in colorado even in the winter.
Its a tough choice but the tirerack guy(porter) just tested the quatrac pro along with others and the LS and was really impressed and mentioned a fill 2 sec stopping over the others in all conditions.

here is a vid in another language raving about them.

• Informative
Reactions: odguy
i decided to go with the vredestein quatrac pro. it was tough between it and the conti contact ls. The LS has the 70,000 mile warranty on its side that was swaying me and the decent reviews and lrr. The quatrac ony has 40,000 mile warranty and lrr but it has the snowflake symbol so will work better into the snow season so i can leave the tires on longer till dead of winter so i dont wear my separate snows out with the warm climate here in colorado even in the winter.
Its a tough choice but the tirerack guy(porter) just tested the quatrac pro along with others and the LS and was really impressed and mentioned a fill 2 sec stopping over the others in all conditions.

As these are not LRR tires, can you share what your efficiency is on these?

How are you liking the tires? I'm also considering the Quatrack pro. I don't switch tires during winter months -- so snow performance is important.

My list consists of:

1. Nokian WRG4 (currently have WRG3)
- bit suprised they scored so low in Consumer reports testing...
- unfortunately Tirerack doesn't test/sell them... a bit odd
2. VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO
3. BRIDGESTONE TURANZA QUIETTRACK

I have enough tread to hold off a few more months to see what tire rack/consumer reports shows for these new tires. Mostly concerned about snow/ice performance as it is what is unknown at this point.

didnt go with these..sorry..was gonna but decided to get the nokian wr g4 set..wow they are smooth and quiet and efficient. Wish i didnt need tires till october as hate to put these on before the colder season here but...needed a set as the oem goodyears were toast

As these are not LRR tires, can you share what your efficiency is on these?
Thw nokians are LRR TIRES. They are suggested for ev. they are very smooth and quiet and efficiency is better then the oem goodyears by a few miles so far. I am impressed: not winter here yet but they handle really well on curves and mountain driving so far.
I was torn between the conti LS and the vredestein new tire but didnt like the 40k warranty.
The other i was considering was bridgestone quietracs. they are a newer tire

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...toYear=2017&autoModel=Model S&autoModClar=75D

but they arent severe weather rated- i usually run sep snows on sep rims but am trying the g4 year round this year to save $$$

Thw nokians are LRR TIRES. They are suggested for ev. they are very smooth and quiet and efficiency is better then the oem goodyears by a few miles so far. I am impressed: not winter here yet but they handle really well on curves and mountain driving so far.
I was torn between the conti LS and the vredestein new tire but didnt like the 40k warranty.
The other i was considering was bridgestone quietracs. they are a newer tire

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+QuietTrack&partnum=445VR9TQT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Model S&autoModClar=75D

but they arent severe weather rated- i usually run sep snows on sep rims but am trying the g4 year round this year to save $$$
My nokian WRG3 will likely last a tad bit more than 40k. (I've floored it many times and drive a tad aggressive). The WRG4 has a bit higher warranty I believe than the WRG3.
I think the difference in price will be pretty close to even -- if I were to buy new WRG4s and utilize the warranty on my current tires versus pay less for the Vredestein upfront. Since this is the case - I'm just going to go with whichever one performs best in testings/reviews. I'm thinking I'll stick with the severe rated ones. The WRG3 served their purpose very nicely in the last 2 years/snow driving I did.

How are you liking the tires? I'm also considering the Quatrack pro. I don't switch tires during winter months -- so snow performance is important.

My list consists of:

1. Nokian WRG4 (currently have WRG3)
- bit suprised they scored so low in Consumer reports testing...
- unfortunately Tirerack doesn't test/sell them... a bit odd
2. VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO
3. BRIDGESTONE TURANZA QUIETTRACK

I have enough tread to hold off a few more months to see what tire rack/consumer reports shows for these new tires. Mostly concerned about snow/ice performance as it is what is unknown at this point.

The vredestein did well in the tests according to porter at tirerack when i spoke with him ( he is a salesman SO i take that with a grain of salt)- Also discount tire said they could get themQuatrac pro) as well ($204 a tire)- was gonna do it but decided on the g4. Which discount got as well $238 a tire(60K WARRANTY).

Last edited:
The vredestein did well in the tests according to porter at tirerack when i spoke with him ( he is a salesman SO i take that with a grain of salt)- Also discount tire said they could get themQuatrac pro) as well ($204 a tire)- was gonna do it but decided on the g4. Which discount got as well $238 a tire(60K WARRANTY).

Likely ordering the G4 today. In Wisconsin so should definitely be a big step up in the snow compared to stock Goodyear. What about dry street performance? I'm not in anything ludicrous (75D uncorcked), but hows it compare to flooring it with the stock tires?

Likely ordering the G4 today. In Wisconsin so should definitely be a big step up in the snow compared to stock Goodyear. What about dry street performance? I'm not in anything ludicrous (75D uncorcked), but hows it compare to flooring it with the stock tires?
Just drove to wakesha from denver. The tires handle great dry and wet so far.whats with all the road work here? they are putting grooves in thr road and then tarring them.expansion issues? That makes the tires noisey going over the bumps alot in wisc.

After considering the various tires on this thread and elsewhere, I ended up sticking with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season tires again for my Model S. My primary reasons were:

1) Good handling in wet and dry conditions (keeping in mind my car is not a P model)
2) Wanted a Low Rolling Resistance tire again
3) All seasons, as I have no need to put on winter tires where I live and not needing summer performance rubber
4) Wanted it to be a relatively low-noise tread pattern
5) A long lasting rubber compound (e.g. UTQG of 500 or higher), given my intention to ceramic coat the set of new rims after installing and have no desire to replace tires for at least two years after doing that

The P7s fit the bill for me. And a nice bonus given these come with a 70k mile warranty: I was able to get the replacement set from Discount Tire for about $100 per tire (albeit price wasn't a major factor).

• Informative
Reactions: msjr
Just drove to wakesha from denver. The tires handle great dry and wet so far.whats with all the road work here? they are putting grooves in thr road and then tarring them.expansion issues? That makes the tires noisey going over the bumps alot in wisc.

How was that drive? Want to visit Denver but my wife wants to fly. Always road construction in WI. Ordered the tires online should arrive Monday.

How was that drive? Want to visit Denver but my wife wants to fly. Always road construction in WI. Ordered the tires online should arrive Monday.
Yes roadwork everywhere..And they seem to put lines in the roas across lanes and fill with tar that make road noise when you drive over which is obnoxious. The ride was boring and flat but plenty of chargers to stop at. Drove here in dead of winter for moms funeral last dec and the roads were hellish in nebraska but this time there was no snow but a ton of bugs..i mean a ton.I forget how muggy and overcast it is here.

After considering the various tires on this thread and elsewhere, I ended up sticking with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season tires again for my Model S. My primary reasons were:

1) Good handling in wet and dry conditions (keeping in mind my car is not a P model)
2) Wanted a Low Rolling Resistance tire again
3) All seasons, as I have no need to put on winter tires where I live and not needing summer performance rubber
4) Wanted it to be a relatively low-noise tread pattern
5) A long lasting rubber compound (e.g. UTQG of 500 or higher), given my intention to ceramic coat the set of new rims after installing and have no desire to replace tires for at least two years after doing that

The P7s fit the bill for me. And a nice bonus given these come with a 70k mile warranty: I was able to get the replacement set from Discount Tire for about $100 per tire (albeit price wasn't a major factor).
Great info, for all those reasons I'm planning to switch from Goodyear OEM's to the Pirelli's. I assume you got the discounted price due to reaching the wear line before 70k miles? Is that done through Discount Tire or Pirelli? Sorry for naive question, I've never owned a car before that eats up tires before warranty mileage.

I must say stopping at superchargers along the way on i80 is always nice cause they are in hyvee supermarket shopping centers-love that store: 24 hrs too. Clean bathrooms and any food you want like huge healthfood area and kambucha/healthy drinks. Also the $1 coffee at mcdonalds is great for the trip.

Great info, for all those reasons I'm planning to switch from Goodyear OEM's to the Pirelli's. I assume you got the discounted price due to reaching the wear line before 70k miles? Is that done through Discount Tire or Pirelli? Sorry for naive question, I've never owned a car before that eats up tires before warranty mileage.
Pirelli was on our list as well...p7 has some glowing reviews.

I picked up the Continental Purecontact last week. Only did some kids run so far. But I can already see the first 100 miles are already close to the OEM Goodyear for efficiency. So I can assume I can get better efficiency if on longer trips.

The ride is quieter and softer. However, it feels different. Almost like taking off work boot (Goodyear) and put on running shoes (Continental). Car feels lighter. Car does not feel as planted, but it still sticks. There is this strange frequency sound like pumping air into tires.

So not sure if I like it. But two of the major concerns (quiet and efficiency) are satisfied.

I never floor it! I mean if i do to get away from crazy drivers or to get on the freeway they grip really good...but wouldnt any new tire?? If i was in wisc i would go g4 for sure- and if i had a 2nd set of rims i would prepare for possible snows if needed. The tire guy honestly thought i wouldnt even need snows with the g4. Many many reviews and things i read about the nokian tyres and the g4 are from russia and norway/sweden. So i would guess they must work well as those places can be brutal in winter.

I picked up the Continental Purecontact last week. Only did some kids run so far. But I can already see the first 100 miles are already close to the OEM Goodyear for efficiency. So I can assume I can get better efficiency if on longer trips.

The ride is quieter and softer. However, it feels different. Almost like taking off work boot (Goodyear) and put on running shoes (Continental). Car feels lighter. Car does not feel as planted, but it still sticks. There is this strange frequency sound like pumping air into tires.

So not sure if I like it. But two of the major concerns (quiet and efficiency) are satisfied.
purecontact LS MODEL?