Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 60 and the plate arrived by FedEx. Had to take the morning off from work to be there and sign for it (ok, I wasn't really homebound and starving).

The problem was apparently in the MVPA, it didn't accurately reflect the third party financing and thus the lienholder on the title. Since Raleigh doesn't write the MVPA, it had to go back to California. What can't be more than a 2 minute job was basically a do-over. Couldn't do it in 30 days, start the clock over.

Water under the bridge. Love the car, dreading any future service calls, like the HW 3 upgrade.

Reactions: SigNC
How is everyone (in general) happy with the service at the Raleigh location? I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger, but I don't want to be d***ed around when it comes getting the [inevitable] service and fixes for issues that will pop up with the vehicle. I'm used to trouble-free Subarus, Hyundais and Hondas.

How is everyone (in general) happy with the service at the Raleigh location? I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger, but I don't want to be d***ed around when it comes getting the [inevitable] service and fixes for issues that will pop up with the vehicle. I'm used to trouble-free Subarus, Hyundais and Hondas.

Keep in mind they will fix anything they can by mobile service which just comes to you so in theory you really would only have to go IN to the service center for anything mobile can't handle.

Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
I really like the guys in the Raleigh Service Center, and they use Caliber Collision for paint and bodywork, one of the best body shops in the area.

• Informative
Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
Regarding Raleigh service, I picked up my car on Sept 27 and reported issues immediately (some paint and alignment issues). *Today*, they finally accepted my car (and gave me a rental) to work on it. It seems they are overloaded. I personally expect much better availability for service then I have seen so far.

@HungryAsian @Picaflora My parents live in Vinton and I found it was hard to find EV charging in the area when I took my Model 3 up there. I hope Telsa puts a super charger in Roanoke this year or I may not be able to continue to drive my Model 3 up that way... My last trip, I had to park my Tesla at the Ford dealership to get a charge. Charging at 120V at my parents house, just does not get it done to drive back to Raleigh

• Love
Reactions: HungryAsian
@HungryAsian - not us. We're up towards Bonsack, but usually our car is downtown during the week (technically my husband's car, he works downtown). There was another white one that we'd spot on 460 just before we got ours, maybe it's that one.

@bkmartin - I'm not far from Vinton, but we're charging from a 120V outlet as well. Otherwise I'd offer to let you charge at our place! Hopefully the SC gets rolling in Roanoke soon. We drive ours down to Rocky Mount NC, but there's a SC there, and my parents had a 50AMP put in for their camper. So we just bum off of that one. Right now the dealerships are the only chargers that I'm aware of that work. There's a ChaDeMo downtown, but Model 3s can't use that one. Maybe you could look at having a 50AMP installed at your parents' house?

@HungryAsian @Picaflora My parents live in Vinton and I found it was hard to find EV charging in the area when I took my Model 3 up there. I hope Telsa puts a super charger in Roanoke this year or I may not be able to continue to drive my Model 3 up that way... My last trip, I had to park my Tesla at the Ford dealership to get a charge. Charging at 120V at my parents house, just does not get it done to drive back to Raleigh

@bkmartin @Picaflora
You can charge at the Hotel Roanoke, just let the valet know you want to charge and you can drive over to the valet lot to charge. I did it right when I got our car. Parked it at the hotel then went over the bridge to downtown for a beer and some food.

I've also charged at the Country Inn & Suites ext 146 off i81. They have like 6 Tesla destination chargers. The one closest to the front door is the fastest at 48amps, get about 37mph of charge.
I recently talked to someone who works for the City they are looking at replacing the Chademo charger downtown because many times its not working and many Tesla users can't use it because they don't have the adapter.

There is also a guy who has a white model 3 that lives near downtown that will allow you to charge at his house for $10. You can find him on Plugshare.

Might be best to buy a 40A outlet for your parents house. Overnight would be fine.

Question, my insurance agent told me that the date on my proof of insurance form had to match the purchase date. She was adamant that it couldn’t pre or post date the agreement, that it was a unique requirement of the ncdmv. I called Tesla to ask for the date, and they are not aware of the issue and believe that it is only necessary to predate the purchase agreement. Given the disagreement, I waited on hold to ask the dmv, and after checking the answer was that the dates need to match.

The reason this is a concern is that I am getting conflicting information on my delivery date, which is imminent but not certain. Anyone run into this?

(Model 3 performance, ordered May 29, scheduled delivery June 10, verbally scheduled June 11).

Hello all

newbie here. Placed an order on 6/1 and still dont see any update in my account ( still shows a RN# ). Just wanted to check on what raleigh folks are experiencing in regards to waiting time. Thanks !

It could take up to 2 to 3 weeks before you see any update depending on your configuration and what is available in the system. Once they match you with a car then you will begin seeing updates.

Hello all

newbie here. Placed an order on 6/1 and still dont see any update in my account ( still shows a RN# ). Just wanted to check on what raleigh folks are experiencing in regards to waiting time. Thanks !

Ordered 05/28 , received VIN 05/30, taking delivery tomorrow 06/08. I was expecting to take delivery end of June if I was lucky, but looks like I ordered at exactly the right time to snag an AWD.

LR RWD.

Ordered 5/18, order was update on 5/21 to RWD.

Was told my delivery date was 6/2 and my vehicle was made and ready to be transported. Had to re-schedule my delivery to 6/10, they said no problem they’d still give me a call when it arrived in Raleigh.

Called yesterday, 6/6 to see if my car was there / if my delivery was on time. They said my car wasn’t in N.C., it’s actually sitting in Washington State (?!?). Called again today and they said my vehicle now shows in transport to Raleigh and should be here by 6/15.

So far the Raleigh sales people / delivery people have been an absolute mess...from telling me the wrong information (LR RWD didn’t come with premium interior to not calling back when they assured me they’d follow up with me). I’ve had to baby my order along the way: my order wasn’t updated for a week until I called and told them i was assigned a VIN for the wrong type of car and after they tried to re-assure me it’s the correct car, they looked and found out it is in fact the wrong car and the next day the order was finally updated. And now, no one updating me on my car location until I called yesterday, and surprise...today my car is in “transit”.

Hopefully other people are having a smoother process but so far Raleigh has been awful.

/rant