Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up this humorous sub-discussion from the Tesla Sales Banned in New Jersey thread. I figured I'd continue the discussion here.

IT IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD (LITTERLY).

Unless the NJ legislature brings out actual swords, you mean figuratively, not literally.

I'd like to see the live feed of this.

swords and hollow point bullets are illegal in NJ

Lots of things are illegal in various states, but often government officials seem to find their way around such things.

riiiight.

Right indeed:
Caning of Charles Sumner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia said:
As [US Senator Charles] Sumner began to stand up, [US Congressman Preston] Brooks beat Sumner severely on the head before he could reach his feet, using a thick gutta-percha cane with a gold head. Sumner was knocked down and trapped under the heavy desk (which was bolted to the floor), but Brooks continued to strike Sumner until Sumner ripped the desk from the floor. By this time, Sumner was blinded by his own blood, and he staggered up the aisle and collapsed, lapsing into unconsciousness. Brooks continued to beat the motionless Sumner until his cane broke at which point he left the chamber. Several other Senators attempted to help Sumner, but were blocked by [South Carolina Representative Laurence] Keitt who brandished a pistol and shouted, "Let them be!"

Sumner suffered head trauma that caused him chronic pain and symptoms consistent with what is now called traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder, and spent three years convalescing before returning to his Senate seat. He suffered chronic pain and debilitation for the rest of his life.

[Brooks] was convicted of assault and was fined $300 ($7,870 in today's dollars), but received no prison sentence. A motion to expel Brooks from the House of Representatives failed.

A comic strip is a sequence of drawings arranged in interrelated panels to display brief humor or form a narrative, often serialized, with text in balloons and captions.

The image posted by apvbguy is not a comic strip. Just a drawing.

It's a snap of a running theme in Family Circus, a single panel comic that was syndicated in major newspapers (not sure if it's still around). The "Not Me" ghost is who actually did something wrong when the kids all said "Not Me." So I stand by my comment ... worst comic strip ever.

It's a snap of a running theme in Family Circus, a single panel comic that was syndicated in major newspapers (not sure if it's still around). The "Not Me" ghost is who actually did something wrong when the kids all said "Not Me." So I stand by my comment ... worst comic strip ever.
while we grasp that the "strip" is not to your liking I think that you might have missed the message

I stand by my comment. A single panel comic(i.e. a drawing) is not a comic strip.

And not nearly the worst ever.

Posting some of the worst ever can get me banned.

Last edited:
I have historically had run flats on my prior Lexus SC. I liken them to the restaurant where not only is the food bad but the portions are small too. The choice of tires is very limited as to tread pattern, ride comfort, etc, the ride is hard, they are expensive, and tire shops hate to install them (stiff--hard to get onto the rim). Other than that---great.

BTW, I'm a doc too, with colleagues who have Porsches and BMWs without spares OR run flats. Sometimes you're gonna be late to the OR...

I hate to hijack my own thread but, what kind of physician are you?
Tell your friends that Porsche and BMW have become over-produced and plebian. ;)
I HATE being late to the OR. Pet Peeve.

I hate to hijack my own thread but, what kind of physician are you?
Tell your friends that Porsche and BMW have become over-produced and plebian. ;)
I HATE being late to the OR. Pet Peeve.

Glad you hate being late to the OR--when I was Chief of Staff I had running battles with surgeons who were notoriously late and would screw up the schedule for everyone else. Finally had to suspend one of them and pull his block schedule. I detest people (non-docs included) who do not value my time (...or their own).

I'm a diagnostic radiologist--work at a major trauma center. Little need now to rush in after hours since I no longer do IR--we have our own Nighthawk 24/7/365 service (big group about 55 rads). Sitting at the trauma desk how waiting for the helicopters to land....

Status
Not open for further replies.