Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you hate being late to the OR--when I was Chief of Staff I had running battles with surgeons who were notoriously late and would screw up the schedule for everyone else. Finally had to suspend one of them and pull his block schedule. I detest people (non-docs included) who do not value my time (...or their own).

I'm a diagnostic radiologist--work at a major trauma center. Little need now to rush in after hours since I no longer do IR--we have our own Nighthawk 24/7/365 service (big group about 55 rads). Sitting at the trauma desk how waiting for the helicopters to land....

I was offered a residency in radiology at Mass Gen by Lucy Squire when I was a younger man, but I forged on for Orthopaedic Surgery. I always wonder what if...

I usually have the issue at my hospitals of "hurry up and wait."

I get there early and then watch the Keystone Cops fumble every opportunity at efficiency.

Still, I prefer that to being late and holding up other cases.

Today I fixed an ankle in 15 minutes but waited 2 hours for the case to start. Hospital inefficiency is the reason expenses are in the crapper.

But I digress...

I guess I will need to find a car with Run Flats and see if I like the ride.

Keep the Faith. Medicine is bound to improve someday. At least that is what Obama promises, and how can he be wrong. :/

When I first bought TSLA, I was told by those colleagues who knew more than me, it was in a bubble & I'd regret it. I heard the same at $40, $50, etc. At $80, they strongly advised me to sell. "HUGE BUBBLE, Bonnie. Sell! Bubble, bubble, bubble, blah blah blah bubble blah bubble blah blah bubble!" Yeah, I heard you. "Bubble." Got it. At some point it is no longer a bubble, but the actual price.

They're the guys in finance. Who study all the bubble stuff. Keep their portfolios balanced and do everything the way people are told to do things. They talk about bubbles and lecture those they think are riding those bubbles.

Yesterday one of those colleagues asked what else I was investing in. And congratulated me on TSLA and a couple of other things they know I'm holding (and had advised me to sell because of that silly bubble talk).

Bubble Boys

Tell them the only thing in a bubble are, The Bubble Boys

ybe5e9a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.