Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree it's a stupid maneuver ... I appreciate the reasoning. People are so f-ing inconsiderate of other people's hard work and the end results ... The keying is deserved by the ahole who is so careless to cause the ding in the first place.
Disagree. The car doesn't deserve keying. Nor does the driver. A strong note perhaps. And maybe a tow if it's in a high value (close to the store/whatever) location.
Mods: Prolly time to move some of this chatter to "why some people think keying is 'justified' " thread.

a-spot-just-for-you-parking.jpg

I prefer this approach... totally passive, doesn't harm the car in anyway and gets your point across.

I agree with this comment but often hear it the other way around, as in: "the Model S looks like the new Jag from the rear" I make efforts to point out that the design for the exterior of the Model S was made public well before the Jag was coming off the line. Jag totally stole the look from Tesla. While Tesla should be flattered, I was disappointed in Jaguar for this. They never should have gone to Ford... it was all downhill from there.

While I'm not a Ford fan, all the Jaguars I saw before Ford took over were ten days in the shop for every one day on the road (assuming you got a good one).

While I'm not a Ford fan, all the Jaguars I saw before Ford took over were ten days in the shop for every one day on the road (assuming you got a good one).

While Ford brought the Jags out of the shop, they stripped them of their soul on the way out IMHO. It was about this aspect of the change I was thinking with the comment. Should have been more specific.

The newer ones are getting their groove once again, but as I mentioned I think they ripped off Tesla's design.

Cheers

Sorry no pics, but on Friday the 23rd I saw a sig red going up the 50 near Placerville as we were leaving the Apple Hill area, around 2pm.

Also this morning saw a white one leaving Foster City on Edgewater around 9am as I was pulling in to go to work. Second time spotting that one. I thought it looked like GeorgeB but my eyes must be tricking me.

> I saw a Red Signature Model S in Chatham, NJ and did a little jig in the car. [geramu]

Awfully nice of the owners to invite you in. :biggrin:
--

- - - Updated - - -

> it is my parking lot and I don't have any employees who have EVs (yet). [dailydriver]

Yeah man, way to walk the walk! Looks like a j1772 plug > Henry's CAN > ModelS.

Don't recognise the EVSE - specs please.
--

Saw a white Model S with gray wheels on the back of a flatbed truck today.
It had rear end damage... :crying:
(US 101 North in Redwood City.)
I am guessing it was on its' way to a body shop to fix the "boo-boo".

Saw a white Model S with gray wheels on the back of a flatbed truck today.
It had rear end damage... :crying:
(US 101 North in Redwood City.)
I am guessing it was on its' way to a body shop to fix the "boo-boo".

What I fear, more than being pulled over by cops or spending extra "Tesla Time" when I'm in a hurry, is
People gawking at the shiny new Tesla, forgetting to pay attention to driving, and ending up smashing into my new shiny car. :(